Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2008, 06:13 AM   #1
amielia80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I tihnk I finally found my ob for my VBA2C

SO I have been having the worst time trying to find someone who supports me wanting to have a VBA2C. Home birth sadly is not an option at this time (our insurance doesn't cover it) I went to a midwife group who is supposed to be the most VBAC friendly around here but their backing doc and the midwives both told me to have another c-section. I tired a few other OB's who all said the same thing. I my last ditch effort, I tried one more. To my surprise this doctor came into the room and said "well, pending my getting your operative reports, I have no problem letting you do a VBAC." she said she was real flexable and we could schedule a c-section for later and hope that I go into labor before that. She did admit that she won't induce and she would be quick to "pull the plug" on my labor and tell me to have a c-section if any problems come up. WOW, I did not expect that at all, I tought I would get the same old repeat c-section deal I have from everyone else. I am so excited and have renewed hope. I just hope labor starts on it's own and I have a very easy labor and just push the baby out otherwise I am afraid she'll tell me c-section. I have no idea how labor will be for me as I have never had it nor have I ever dialated. I am like a first time mom in that sense Thanks for listening to my rambles this far

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008, 08:36 AM   #2
zonapellucida
Registered Users
seller

Location: Diligently working on getting out of the hellish state of FL
My Mood:
Re: I tihnk I finally found my ob for my VBA2C

Good luck mama! I suggest you stay home as long as you can. Once they have you in the hospital you are on their time table.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
amielia80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thank you! that is good advice and I am going to take it. I basically want to walk in the hospital door and push the baby out!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:36 AM   #4
BoysMama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Good Luck I hope everything goes great for you!
Old 01-31-2008, 12:03 PM   #5
mom2aroo
Registered Users

My Mood:

Whohoo!! I started looking a YEAR before we even considered TTCing..and that being said, this pregnany was a suprise so I was glad i'd already found who did VBACs.. the whole ONE group of them @@
Its a relief & exciting isnt it??
GOOD LUCK!! I am meeting with my doual this thursday so she knows where our home is & we all can start getting to know eachother better so she can come when I start laboring so we can take our time at home & not spend as much tiem in the hospital as well!
I hope we both get the births we want.. successful VBACS!!!!

I'm likely NAK or holding someone, please forgive typos & lack of caps!
mom2aroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:12 PM   #6
Katie_bug
Registered Users

I'm very excited for you! I've had a struggle myself! My ob said he'd do it but he'd induce me at 39 weeks basically for his scheduling convenience. Well induction is what lead me to c-section the first time around. So at 30 weeks I've been on a mad search for the right option for me. I visited a group of hospital-delivering midwives but that wasn't for me either. Tomorrow I visit a group of midwives that have a waterbirthing clinic. They do vbacs and are willing to take me this late in the game! I too plan on staying home as long as tollerable and am doing this without drugs since I've read that a vbac is safest drug free to not interfere with the body's natural labor. Good luck girls!
Katie_bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:30 PM   #7
amielia80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yaaa!!! I pray that we all get our VBACS!!! I have a dream about it every night..is that crazy or what?
Old 01-31-2008, 12:41 PM   #8
Dariosmom
Registered Users

Good luck!
Dariosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:12 PM   #9
ShadesofRae
Registered Users
Formerly: 3mamasboys
seller

Wow, good luck! It is almost impossible around here to find an OB who will accept VBA2C patients.

Not to put a negative spin on this, but it's not uncommon for an OB to seem totally supportive of VBAC and then at the end of pregnancy, they find reasons not to "let" you VBAC. They see a VBAC client and get $$ in their eyes. They say "yes" in the beginning, but have no intention of allowing you to birth vaginally. Either an ultrasound will show the baby as "too big" or low amniotic fluid...or you'll go to 42 weeks....a plethera of reasons, really. VBAC'ers are in a tough spot because most OB's won't induce labor. I've worked with ICAN and I'm also a doula and I see this happen regularly.

If you haven't already, check out Henci Goer's book "The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth." Don't allow your due date to be changed unless it is later, rather than earlier. Avoid a late ultrasound at all costs.

Definitely a great idea to stay at home as long as possible, although most OB's don't recommend this either with VBAC patients.

Read, read, read and get on the ICAN email list!
ShadesofRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:15 PM   #10
ShadesofRae
Registered Users
Formerly: 3mamasboys
seller

I'm also saying this because it sounds REALLY FISHY for a doctor to say "We'll just schedule your c-section for later" or "if ANYTHING is funny during labor I won't hesitate to perform a c-section."

It's not your doctor's decision--it's yours.

As a VBAC client, you should be treated no differently than anyone else. With the threat of surgery hanging over your head, it is no wonder that so many VBAC'ing moms go postdates from the psychological stress and fear.
ShadesofRae is offline   Reply With Quote