Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2006, 06:43 PM   #1
LadonnaKen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Red face Give me the low-down on solids-poo, please!

Okay--my son is only 3 months old, but I'm already dreading the day that I can't toss his dipes in the washer So, I want to know from mamas who have been there--tell me how it works best for you? I mean, I know about the options (sprayer, scaping into toilet, wet diaper pail, etc), but I want to know the routine--like how do you do it? For example, I thought of putting our changing table in or near the bathroom, but I don't have room for that--and I don't know of anywhere near the bathroom I can move the changing station. So, what is your experience--how do you make those diapers get clean again---and what kind of diapers do you use on the movers/shakers?

Thanks so much!!!

Advertisement

LadonnaKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 06:46 PM   #2
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Re: Give me the low-down on solids-poo, please!

I use every kind of diaper imaginable - AIOs, pockets, fitteds, and prefolds. I am fortunate in the way my laundry area is set up though. My third bathroom doubles as the laundry room, so I spray off the poop with my minishower and toss it into the diaper pail, and it's all right there next to the washing machine.

It's really not a big deal at all, as long as you spray when the poo is still fresh. if you let it sit, it becomes harder to get it off.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:16 PM   #3
LadonnaKen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, Sheila

So does anyone else care to share their routine, too--what room you change diaper, and from there? (Meaning, do you walk the diaper to the bathroom, and then back to the diaper pail, or do you keep the diaper pail someplace else?)

THanks!!!
LadonnaKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:19 PM   #4
trashley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

good question...mine's 4 months old and I'm also dreading
Old 08-18-2006, 10:35 PM   #5
monkeymama
Registered Users
seller

I take dipe off in the bathroom if there's poo in it. I shake the poopers in the toilet. Most of the time I use flushable biodegradeable liners in side, so this is easy. I lay the soiled dipe aside for a minute while I wash DDs bum in the sink. I don't use wipes at all. She is good in that she doesn't mind being held under the faucet for a minute or too for a good washing. Then she gets toweled off, and we go to her room across the hallway and put on a new dipe. Then I put her in her gated play room while I immediately rinse the dipes. Maybe it grosses some people out, but I do it in the sink, not the toilet. I clean the sink thoroughly with natural cleaner immediately afterwards, so am not concerned about any dirtyness or gross factor. I rinse right in the sink, making sure all remnants of poo are off. Then put the diaper in the "mini" diaper receptable in the bathroom (an old disposable Huggies wipes container) so I can then transfer it into the diaper pail, which is across the hallway in DDs room.
Maybe not super efficient, but it works for me!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:42 PM   #6
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymama
Maybe it grosses some people out, but I do it in the sink, not the toilet. I clean the sink thoroughly with natural cleaner immediately afterwards, so am not concerned about any dirtyness or gross factor. I rinse right in the sink, making sure all remnants of poo are off.
I do this too, when I finish rinsing it out I throw it in the wetbag or most of the time straight into the washer to soak. I wash out the sink and counter then spray it down with a bleach mix, wash my hands and consider it clean.
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:58 PM   #7
daniels_mami
Banned
seller

My Mood:

i go upstairs to our bedroom, we only have one room. i get all the stuff ready and i change his diaper throw the dirty dipe in a plastic container we have that they gave us when he was born in the hospital to shower him. then afterwards i let him play while i dump poop in toilet and spray water on it. i put it back on the container. i go downstairs and put the dipe in wet pail. then lysol the container!
daniels_mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 11:03 PM   #8
drenotdoctor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I might get laughed at here...

We keep the diaper pail right next to teh toilet and the sprayer. If the poo is really "mud-like" I will spray their bum off with the diaper sprayer over the toilet & wipe it off with a family wipe. It's still super hot here, so the sprayer water is warm. I usually get a few giggles when they are getting sprayed off...

anyway, back to the Original question, I think it is just easier to keep the pail in the bathroom. We have always done it that way. Just pray for a solid pooper!
Old 08-18-2006, 11:04 PM   #9
drenotdoctor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniels_mami
i go upstairs to our bedroom, we only have one room. i get all the stuff ready and i change his diaper throw the dirty dipe in a plastic container we have that they gave us when he was born in the hospital to shower him. then afterwards i let him play while i dump poop in toilet and spray water on it. i put it back on the container. i go downstairs and put the dipe in wet pail. then lysol the container!
Don't ya love those cool little bathing buckets?! We use ours to sort handwashed dishes. Sooo many cool uses for those.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:10 PM   #10
SAHMLamar
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can't tell you much for the "in between stage", but I'll tell you what I do know.
We started CD in Feb and my ODD was 20 mo. So she was already in the fully formed poo, if you kwim? I didn't have any cloth wipes, so I made my own wipes out of paper towels and water/baby oil. I lay her down on her changing table. I put her paper towels/wipes in the diaper. I lay the dirty one on the floor next to the changing table and put a fresh diaper on her. Send her on her way. Then I take the poopy diaper to the bathroom. I dump the poop and the wipes into the toilet and flush. I'd say 90-95% of the time, I can just dump. (It's a whole piece, LOL). Then I put the diaper in my pail next to the changing table. On the other 5-10%, the more wet ones or ones I didn't really notice and she sat in and it got all squished, YUCK!, I use my diaper sprayer. I got it on ebay for like $19 and free shipping. I don't have to use it often, but it is sooo worth it!
What I don't know about is the "peanut butter poo" when you start solids. My 4 mo. still has EBF poo, and it's so easy.
HTH.
SAHMLamar is offline   Reply With Quote