Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2008, 10:25 AM   #1
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone passed 1 hour but failed 3 hour?

This is an odd question since usually if you pass the 1 hour you dont do the 3 hour. I did the 1 hour 2 times first at 12 wks second just a week ago. I passed both times. But since I didnt pass the 1 or 3 hour with DD they are making me do the 3 hour tomorrow just to be safe. Anyone go through this and then fail the 3 hour?

Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008, 12:48 PM   #2
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone passed 1 hour but failed 3 hour?

I think I must be really confused today. This is the 2nd thread that I don't understand. Could you explain a bit more?
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:43 PM   #3
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The one hour is where you drink this nasty nasty stuff its orange and then 1 hour after you drink it you need to get your blood drawn. Its to help to tell if you have diabetes or not. Usually if you get 135 or over you failed and need to take the 3 hour. Which is the same thing you fast from midnight until they are done with the test. They take your blood before you drink the stuff, then 1 hour after, 2 hour after and 3 hour after. If you fail that you have diabetes. I passed the 1 hour two times since I took it two times in this pregnancy, but the dr wants to do the 3 hour. Usually if you pass they wont do the 3 hour.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:39 PM   #4
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think it's ridiculous to make you go through the three hour test. If they were going to make you do it anyway, why didn't they skip the one hours? That's dumb.
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:41 PM   #5
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is what I asked, what happened was that they have to do the 1 hour to get the RH neg shot for me. Its something that they HALF to do. They have to send it out to get the shot and all that. I think it was dumb making me do the first one and doing the 3 hour. I didnt say anything because DH said its not a big deal. Not to him since he isnt doing it!
Old 01-31-2008, 03:31 PM   #6
glorybee
Registered Users
seller
seller

If you passed, there are no grounds to make you take the 3 hr. I would deny it.

I failed my 1 hr and passed my 3 hr so I am not much help, but doing them within two days of each other was ridiculous.

I would politely decline after asking a few pointed informational questions on the reasoning. It takes time, money and is a waste if you have passed your 1 hr.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:34 PM   #7
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did ask why they wanted me to take it and was told it was due to the fact I failed the 1 hour and 3 hour with DD. They wanted to be safe, I asked if I HAD to have it and was told NO but its best for the baby and I. When I went to decline it since I didnt need it DH kicked me LOL!