Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2008, 01:34 AM   #1
picklesmama
Registered Users
seller

BG 2.0 & 3.0 Pic Comparison - Visibly Different!

Comparison of BG 2.0 (White) to BG 3.0 (Butternut)

I have a newer first-quality 2.0 bought just after the 3.0 released.

Front & Back view shows leg elastic goes a lot further in the 3.0. Snap & Aplix placement appears the same. Overall the 2.0 is visibly longer.

3.0 is not quite as wide as the 2.0. Contour is slightly different.

This is just to show the difference in the contour and the length of the leg elastic - the 2.0 is NOT this much wider than the 3.0, they are overlapped. The contour has changed noticeably. I find this a good thing when the diaper is done up as it fits smooth - no bunching, no gap - you'll see further on - better side leak prevention.

BIG difference in the stretchy side tabs!

This is the medium rise setting, the way my 21 lb 15 month old wears them for night - stuffed with a CB OS insert snapped to the medium setting, and a CB doubler/newborn insert. Right at the top of the leg holes and the bottom of the side tabs you can see where leaks happened with the 2.0 - much better coverage on the 3.0 - no leaks yet! The 2.0 is slightly bigger.

Side view of improved stretchy tab and side contour design on the 3.0. Nicer fit around the legs.

This is to show the difference between them on the smallest rise setting. The 3.0 has the front folded down as you would for a newborn. Folded up it only adds inch so I didn't bother with a pic. These are stuffed with a CB doubler/newborn insert.

The largest rise setting. The rise on the 2.0 is a fair bit more. With the larger side tabs it also fits a wider waist size. My almost 4 year old boy is 35 lbs and the 3.0 really doesn't fit him. He could wear the 2.0 - though he doesn't - these are his baby sister's diapers.

I think the fit of the 3.0 is much improved for smaller babies, however they have sacrificed a little bit of size at the opposite end, and the 2.0's will fit just a little longer.

Overall I prefer the 3.0. since I have a side sleeper and I like that they fixed the leaking issue. Chances are my baby will PT before outgrowing these, even with the smaller fit.

That's it mamas - I should go do something more productive now

ETA At largest setting on a 35 lb kidlet. 3.0 is too snug, 2.0 fits.

Advertisement

Whidbey Island CDing Families My ISO & IHA

Last edited by picklesmama; 02-01-2008 at 12:47 PM. Reason: added reason I prefer the 3.0
picklesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:08 AM   #2
cornelia9805
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: BG 2.0 & 3.0 Pic Comparison - Visibly Different!

Thanks for the breakdown. I was wondering what the *real* differences were. I think the 2.0s will serve us fine since I have a 20lb, 8 month old.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:37 AM   #3
kidpsych2be
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey that's definitely good to see! Thanks for taking the time to do this, mama!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:41 AM   #4
Grrchurch03
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's good to know. I was thinking about getting dd a few, but she is on the larger side, 26 lbs at a year and thiiiiigggghhhhssss! Oh man. Sad to know that it was really only an "improvement" for the smaller babes. Doesn't really help us with chubbos. Thanks mama.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:43 AM   #5
Deanner03
"Life's tough. Get a helmet."
seller

My Mood:

Good pics mama! Thanks so much! I was thinking about buying some 3.0's, but now I think the 2.0's will fit us better. My 21lb 7 month old is already on the high rise, and not a ton of room to spare!
Old 02-01-2008, 06:22 AM   #6
gil
Registered Users

Thanks for this. I've been wanting to see what the differences between them are. Very good review.
gil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:33 AM   #7
Kiddo353
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That really sucks about the rise. One of the chief complaints about those diapers is that they are sold as a "one-size" but by FAR they are the "smallest" diaper out there on the market even on their largest setting (or their largest sized diaper.) Most companys make x-large diapers, BG does not. Therefore if you KNOW your kid is going to get above 30lbs befor they pL...you're screwed. HOnestly I think saying that a 30lb weight limit on their largest side is "supposed" to get a kid to pLing is laughable. ESPECIALLY now with the 3.0 being so much smaller in the rise.

Last edited by Kiddo353; 02-01-2008 at 06:35 AM.
Kiddo353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:26 AM   #8
pumknsmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks for the comparison. I have been slowly collecting 2.0 and was thinking of getting some 3.0. It's nice to know visually what the difference is.
pumknsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:36 AM   #9
AlisonR80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

some of my 2.0's are noticeably larger than other 2.0's i have...all bought at the same time or within 2 wks of each other (nov 07)...its kind of annoying because the bigger ones leave the legs gaping. I should lay mine all out to compare them. Some of my 3.0's might be "bigger" too, i'd have to go check. If i get a chance to and i see a difference i'll let u know.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:01 AM   #10
apelilae
Registered Users

Very nice!