Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #91
bumblesmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: People actually think this???

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerybugmady View Post
This may be a LITTLE off topic here but a 2 year old can pour their own milk from the fridge?????? HA! What a mess! I don't let my 3 year old outside the linoleum kitchen floor or away from the kitchen table with an open cup of milk. She's allowed sippies anywhere else but oh man, no open cup in the living room, much less pouring her own milk. Recipe for disaster.
um...I am 35 and I still spill milk. I just can't seem to always make go in the coffee mug with out a little bit landing on the counter. I always spill some struggling to get the damn seal off the top of a new gallon and there were occasions when I was preggo I would miss the shelf completely as I put it back in the fridge and my cats had a party on the floor from the mess. I am still making adjustments to do a lot of things 1-handed while I have baby nursing on the other arm. Lots of milk, juice whatever spilled doing that. If being able to pour milk equals an independent, mature person who doesn't need mommy, then I really need my MOMMY!!!!

ETA: but I forgot, I have teeth, I can walk and talk, so I guess I can't have my mommy.

Advertisement

Last edited by bumblesmama; 02-02-2008 at 01:06 PM.
bumblesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #92
Mom_of_2_Beauties
Registered Users

My Mood:

I can't believe that people believe this crap!!! I find it humorous that people in this country are can be so stupid... The US has some of the lowest breastfeeding rates past six months than most other industrialized nations, and one of the highest in sexual abuse and misconduct!!! hmmmmm.... People are so ignorant, they hear something and pass it on as facts!
Mom_of_2_Beauties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 05:21 PM   #93
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my MIL thinks this way also... if the baby has teeth it shouldnt be breastfeeding... little does she know, dh and i agreed that the goal age for us to bf is 2 years old, lol.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:47 PM   #94
Mom_of_2_Beauties
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblesmama View Post
It gets better, hun. You will LOVE it and it will be the easiest thing in the world. You can be 'lazy' like some of us that EBF and co-sleep and not get up at night. Trust me, if your dc and you get really comfy-cozy bfing lying down, you will get 'lazy' too.

Laziness aside, it is the most endearing, wonderful experience I have ever had in my life. I love the moments she is nursing and I am NAK or reading or something and I realize she has stopped. I look down and she is just looking at me, studying my face, gently touching and exploring my arm. I smile and don't say a thing and her eyes just smile back and then that beautiful happy grin appears. I reach out my hand and spread my fingers and she reaches up and gently explores each finger until her hand is facing mine, palm to palm. At night when all the lights are down and there is only the warm flicker of the fire (or the soft light of the monitor ), it is only her and I and we have those moments, just staring into each other's eyes, not uttering a single sound. There is this primal tug in my heart, in every fiber of my body and soul, where I KNOW this is what I should be doing and where I should be. There is nothing on this planet, in this universe, that could possibly break the bond of that moment. If this is wrong to be with my child like this, I don't want to be right.

... this brought tears to my eyes... this is exactly how I feel!
Mom_of_2_Beauties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #95
Quinn's mama
Registered Users

I almost didn't read this thread, but I'm really glad I did. If only the author of the original quoted email could know that s/he inspired such a bunch of beautiful conversation with her ignorance!
Quinn's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #96
Dishka
Registered Users

Sounds like maybe she wasn't breastfed enough (or at all) as a child
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblesmama
It gets better, hun. You will LOVE it and it will be the easiest thing in the world. You can be 'lazy' like some of us that EBF and co-sleep and not get up at night. Trust me, if your dc and you get really comfy-cozy bfing lying down, you will get 'lazy' too.

Laziness aside, it is the most endearing, wonderful experience I have ever had in my life. I love the moments she is nursing and I am NAK or reading or something and I realize she has stopped. I look down and she is just looking at me, studying my face, gently touching and exploring my arm. I smile and don't say a thing and her eyes just smile back and then that beautiful happy grin appears. I reach out my hand and spread my fingers and she reaches up and gently explores each finger until her hand is facing mine, palm to palm. At night when all the lights are down and there is only the warm flicker of the fire (or the soft light of the monitor ), it is only her and I and we have those moments, just staring into each other's eyes, not uttering a single sound. There is this primal tug in my heart, in every fiber of my body and soul, where I KNOW this is what I should be doing and where I should be. There is nothing on this planet, in this universe, that could possibly break the bond of that moment. If this is wrong to be with my child like this, I don't want to be right.
Very well said, this describes exactly the nursing relationships I have/had with my babies.
Dishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:05 PM   #97
velcromom
Registered Users

Two year olds pouring their own drink?? Not the ones I know, lol. Obviously this person has no children and even less knowledge about bf!!

But I have had the "teeth" comment. I mentioned nursing and someone said, "wait, you're nursing HIM?? But he has teeth!" I laughed.
velcromom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:11 PM   #98
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:20 PM   #99
DiaperJunction
Registered Users

My MIL commented that she would have stopped breastfeeding when my then 1 year old was still nursing. And apparently when she started walking, she should not have been nursing either.

I'm not sure that MIL knows I nursed that child until 3 years old.

Yes, people really believe the drivel you posted.
DiaperJunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:05 PM   #100
mom2kaydncolt
Registered Users
seller

The teeth thing always amazes me! My sister has a friend who weans as soon as her child gets a tooth.

I've never met a 2yr old who could pour their own milk - my son can't even lift it out of the door, though he has just recently learned how to open the door.

And the ignorance isn't all that amazing to me when I look at the society we live in. I'm just very happy that my family and il's don't seem to have anything negative to say about my bf'ing. We'll see what happens after he turns one, but the way I see it its just like the bottle and my older son didn't give that up until about 20 months old. It was a comfort thing.