Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2008, 09:14 AM   #1
S Starr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anybody else with Restless Leg Syndrome?

I have dreaded the aggravation of my RLS ever since we started thinking about a second pregnancy, and I'm afraid the pregnancy-caused RLS is kicking in on top of the non-pregnancy jumps already....

Non-p, a hot bath will knock it. Okay, can't do that. An ice pack at my feet takes care of the mild jumps. But last night I cradled that ice between my feet or legs every time I turned, and the jumps didn't go away.

Pregnancy #1 third trimester, I'd be awake till 2 or 4am marching on the cold bathroom tiles with it (leaning against the counter trying to doze) -- can't do that with a toddler! If you have bad RLS, what do you do during pregnancy?

Advertisement

Old 02-01-2008, 09:22 AM   #2
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anybody else with Restless Leg Syndrome?

Some days I have it bad other days it doesn't bother me at all. Yesterday was pretty bad and I pretty much walked around all day because it gets to the point where it hurts if you don't move. When it happens and I'm in bed I just try to move my legs around as much as possible but with SPD its hard to do that. I feel your pain momma!!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #3
Tad
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sorry to not be of any help - I am on the same boat with you
Old 02-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #4
cm.thomas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had it really bad with my first pregnancy. With this pregnancy, I had it in the beginning but I found taking Calcium/Magnesium supplements really helped relax me so I could rest. When I'm not pg, advil will help too, so maybe Tylenol would help during pregnancy....? Just a thought.

RLS is the worst! Hope you get some rest mama!
ISO:BSRB TIANs
cm.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:50 AM   #5
Rylee'smama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I take extra calcium and when I don't take my vitamins it gets worse.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #6
S Starr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Calcium, huh? Good to know! I've tried large amounts of magnesium with possible help, but I'll talk to the OB about how much calcium I can add into the mix. Pregnancy#1 ended with 3 weeks of bed rest and the instructions, "You can only get up and march/move if your lower bp number stays under 105." ...which it did not... I'm praying for no bp problems this time!

Nice to hear from some others that know how annoying it is -- not that I wish it on anyone! ...lol... Have a good day, mamas, and a restful night!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:01 PM   #7
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Starr View Post
Calcium, huh? Good to know! I've tried large amounts of magnesium with possible help, but I'll talk to the OB about how much calcium I can add into the mix. Pregnancy#1 ended with 3 weeks of bed rest and the instructions, "You can only get up and march/move if your lower bp number stays under 105." ...which it did not... I'm praying for no bp problems this time!

Nice to hear from some others that know how annoying it is -- not that I wish it on anyone! ...lol... Have a good day, mamas, and a restful night!
I had almost 8 weeks of bedrest with only pee-breaks with #1. You would think that the RLS would be better by not being on your feet all day, but it totally didn't help. I tried Tylenol, but it just didn't work like Advil for me. I know the crampy leg thing is also related to your level of potassium (sp.) I guess I could start eating more bananas. I'd be curious to see what your OB says. I haven't started with the RLS, but I'm sure it is coming.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:00 PM   #8
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, get thee a good cal/mag supplement.

During the day, acid builds up in your muscles and settles there, which causes RLS (like heartburn in your muscles). Calcium can counter that. Works quick too. I had restless body syndrome when I was pregnant! If it wasn't my legs, it was my arms or my shoulders or my hips...
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #9
Nebula
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've tried everything and nothing has helped my RLS. It keeps me up all night, just like it's doing now!

No advice, just lots of sympathy for every mama who goes through this - and everyone who has the condition normally, too. Which I do, but not this bad!
Old 02-01-2008, 11:58 PM   #10
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

I have it bad too in pregnancy... I have heard that the calc/mag really helps, I'm going to go out and get some this week. I also tr to take a hot/warm bath every night before bed with Whilder, I think it helps... I know they say no hot tubs while you are pregnant but I do the baths anyway, It's not like the water is or stays over 100 degrees for very long.
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote