Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Everyone who knows what they are having..

I have a question for you. Its been bothering me since I got my u/s done. I keep seeing these pics of showing its a girl or a boy. Well when I got mine done we were first asked if we wanted to know, we both said yes. The dr made the comment at first how tight the legs were together, so I thought maybe we wouldnt find out. Then he says "I dont see anything dangling, its a girl" Never even showed DH or I at all. Just said that. Its bothering me because 1)I have been buying girls things 2)not being showed what it is for sure and the first comment of the legs being so tight.

Did the dr show you or not? Should I go what the dr says and stop being worried?

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
pawillars
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Everyone who knows what they are having..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Did the dr show you or not? Should I go what the dr says and stop being worried?
Yes, the Dr. showed us. I had an advanced u/s with a perinatologist done early because of auto high risk due to being over a certain age. Not only did we get to see the part (it's a boy!), but he also printed out pictures for us.

My younger stepdaughter who is due 2 months after I am was also shown and given pictures of the u/s and lack of part (it's a girl!).

Obviously, neither baby was shy although the girl was a bit stubborn at first (like her mama)

I don't know why you weren't shown or given prints. Just seems odd now days.
pawillars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #3
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have pics from that u/s but NONE of them of them showing what she is. Which I thought was odd too, I am so worried I got all of this girl stuff and we end with a boy.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
angelnavywife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The doctor showed us with all my pregnancies. And I made sure to ask at the beginning middle and the end of the ultrasounds for them to check again!
They did print pictures of the boy parts, but not of our girl, but they let me see on the screen. (which didn't really reassure me because with a boy if you see it, you see it, with a girl maybe you just didn't see????) But luckily I had multiple ultrasounds for each pregnancy due to high risk so I could be sure otherwise I'd likely be a basket case, I'm such a planner!!

My friend though is due when I am and she only got 1 ultrasound and they told her she is probably having a girl, and they are 55% sure of it! She is having a hard time getting excited because the odds are so crummy, and she didn't get to see anything either!
Old 02-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #5
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Double post! Oops!

Last edited by ClothDiaperingMama; 02-02-2008 at 05:05 PM.
ClothDiaperingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 05:03 PM   #6
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Yes, I was shown all but one of our baby's u/s pics of what they were. The one I wasn't, we couldn't see. The 'guess' was a girl because there were no dangling parts. She was a girl.

If it is a boy.. it is very clearly obvious. There was NO denying Gage nor this little guy that they are definitely little boys.

I also always 'feel'/'know' what we are having early on in the pregnancy, so the u/s is usually just 'confirmation" for everyone else.

Congratulations on a healthy baby no matter the gender! Maybe you can get another u/s later on to make sure or get a 3D?
Old 02-02-2008, 05:05 PM   #7
JeanieNGmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

with my first we didnt get to see the tec just said girl.
with my second i could tell what it was on the screen and knew it was a girl befor tec said.
with this baby i could have sworn i saw a pee pee when the tec passed over that area but it wasnt right away she went there and when she did she said boy i couldnt tell with what she was looking at lol. in our pic we have you can tell its a boy
Old 02-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #8
geauxd0res
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With both of mine, the tech/doc showed us and it was very clear: tiny penis on my son and "three lines" for this girl. I don't think I got prints of either one, but there wasn't much question on the screen. I didn't totally believe either one until I had a second ultrasound and saw the same thing again though.

For this pregnancy, my OB only required one ultrasound at 19-20 weeks. I wanted more reassurance, so we paid out of pocket to do an ultrasound at a local place. It was nice because my son could come too and since it was "just for fun", they spent more time getting nice profile shots and pointing things out instead of looking for things the doctors measure.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:13 PM   #9
etsdtm99
Registered Users
seller

with both of mine they printed off a picture of the parts.. (a girl, then a boy) it was very obvious with both of them!

with my first, i wouldn't buy anything til i'd had a 2nd ultrasound .. this time, i had a 2nd ultrasound at 23 weeks (first at 17 weeks) but i had already started buying boy stuff before the 2nd check...

I'm not sure what i'd do in your situation though.. ask the doctor though because the tech may have printed a picture for your file - my tech did, i saw that there were pictures of the boy parts of this baby in the file ..
Old 02-02-2008, 07:03 PM   #10
HollyS
Registered Users
seller
seller

With our first, she had her legs closed the whole time, so we didn't know. The Dr told us DS would be a girl...but he didn't seem very certain. I don't remember him showing us anything. He told me not to buy all pink. With DD, we have an ultrasound of her girl parts.
Mommy to DD (11), DS (8), DD (6), DD (3), and #5 due 2/14
HollyS is offline   Reply With Quote