Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2008, 07:22 PM   #11
peeko621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Everyone who knows what they are having..

With both of my babies, the tech printed out the picture with an arrow pointing to both boys "parts". I don't know that I would have been able to definitively tell otherwise. For some reason I can never really see things on those ultrasounds until someone has already pointed it out to me.

Advertisement

peeko621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:22 PM   #12
peeko621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With both of my babies, the tech printed out the picture with an arrow pointing to both boy's "parts". I don't know that I would have been able to definitively tell otherwise. For some reason I can never really see things on those ultrasounds until someone has already pointed it out to me.
peeko621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:25 PM   #13
mother_04_07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With both our babies the Dr. showed us. I had an level II u/s with a perinatologist done early because of high risk due to having Protein C deficiency ( normal i am on long-term anti coagulation therapy with warfarin (pill) , some real bad stuff for a fetus... being exposed to the pill from of anti coagulates put them at high risk of defects , miss-carry , still birth ) .

Not only did we get to see the part (it's a boy!), but he also printed out pictures for us.

Scott
http://babiesonline.com/babies/b/bluedragonfly/

Ryan
http://babiesonline.com/babies/u/unsure/
6/02 ~ 7/02~ 12/03 9/04 Born @ 38.0w LifeFlight/NICU/IA defect Surgery #1@3days old,#2 2/06, #3 11/09,#4 6/10,#5 8/10
7/2007born emergency c-section @39.0wIn STOCK Mama Cloth & PAST WORK
mother_04_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #14
tmfletch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have U/S pics from both DD and DS and they are both very obvious. The U/S tech gave us pics of both.
tmfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:37 PM   #15
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Your doc should have a copy of the radiologists' report from the u/s, which should say "Gender: female" or if the radiologist was usure, it should says "unknown" or something. Since you didn't get any pictures, you could ask your doc to confirm via your report.
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:43 PM   #16
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dr is the one who did it! They have the u/s stuff right in the place I go to and the dr or midwife does it themselves!
Old 02-03-2008, 07:45 AM   #17
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
My dr is the one who did it! They have the u/s stuff right in the place I go to and the dr or midwife does it themselves!
Right, but a radiologist is supposed to "interpret" the ultrasound and provide a report. I have seen my report from my 2nd baby (when I requested my records from my OB to give to my homebirth mw), and it is an official test report, written up and signed off by a radiologist (who was not even there when I had my u/s). I would find it very strange if there wasn't something official in your records.
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 09:42 AM   #18
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With ds#1 and ds#3 it was obvious they were boys and we got the print outs to prove it. With ds#2 they couldn't tell because he wouldn't cooperate at all!

I'm kind of in the same boat as you because with this child he was moving so much she commented it was hard to get anything. Then she says I see something sticking out its a boy. I couldn't tell on the ultrasound machine and she didn't print anything out so I don't know. I'm buying boy stuff but mostly gn stuff. IMO boy stuff can be used for girls too if need be its just harder the other way around. So I won't really feel confident its a boy until he comes. I know your confusion though!
Old 02-03-2008, 09:51 AM   #19
BabyNick#2
Registered Users
seller

I am pretty sure that most of the mistakes made in determining a girl are exactly what happened with you. Just because they didnt see a penis does not equal girl, they need to be able to see the labia and or other stuff. I would not bet on this one being a girl unless you see proof. I made the sonographer (SP?) SHOW ME the parts on all of the US's. I would be concerned too if I were you.
BabyNick#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #20
starryeyedgyal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With dd#1 I had an u/s fairly early at about 17 weeks. Every body part they showed on screen was extremely hard to make out. I felt terrible because the u/s tech would be "oh look there's an arm...leg...hand!" and I just couldn't make it out! She pointed out the three lines that were her labia. She said "Oh I'm pretty sure it's a girl then!" That said, I thought that I might be preggo with a boy. Everyone I knew who was preggo at the time was having a boy except for me!

With dd#2 we had an u/s done at 20 weeks exactly. We were able to see her body parts much more clearly; she was also showing off by opening and closing her legs. Throughout the whole session the 2 techs kept commenting "oh yes, she is definitely a girl" So this time I kind of have peace of mind..lol.

But like a previous poster said, there is always a radiologist who will look over and confirm the tech's findings!