Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2008, 07:52 AM   #1
ashandri
Registered Users
seller

update...must of been a stomach bug or food poisoning...thanks:)

Here are my symptoms...I woke up in the middle of the night and had pretty bad cramping that got worse. I broke out in a sweat and was freezing...lots of nausea, but didn't throw up. I took medicine thinking it might be my period because I stopped breastfeeding about a month ago. However, I woke up this morning with a sore belly. It's almost like my whole stomach is in a knot or one big cramp...but it's also sore to the touch. Not sure whether this could be food poisoning...my period coming....miscarrying early (we have been using protection)...something else? Oh, I did notice a little tinge of blood, but no actual bleeding...Any thoughts?

Advertisement

Last edited by ashandri; 02-16-2008 at 02:21 PM. Reason: change...update
ashandri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
FinnegansMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: miscarriage? food poisoning? what could this be...

Were they stomach cramps or uterine cramps?
Have you taken a pregnancy test? It sounds like food poisoning but an ectopic pregnancy shuld be ruled out...
Old 02-03-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
ashandri
Registered Users
seller

not really sure i know the difference...also, i had diarrhea (sorry to be gross)...
Old 02-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #4
BabyNick#2
Registered Users
seller

If I wasnt on this board, and it was just someone on the street telling me the symptoms I would think the flu. Or some other yucky bug. But I would for sure get things checked out just in case.
BabyNick#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:11 AM   #5
sarah26
Registered Users
seller

Location: Surviving Deployment #2... back home in the DFW area for the duration!
My Mood:

I'm leaning more towards food poisoning or a tummy bug. (my mom has had the same type of symptoms this weekend actually). From the experience of my precious miscarriages that isn't what I experienced. I'd see how you are in a few days... and go from there!! Hope you feel better!
Old 02-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #6
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would take a test and see. It does sound like a bug or flu. I had a miscarriage and 2 chemicals. With the miscarriage I had no cramps just bleeding and the chemicals I didnt get cramps until after I started to bleed. I would take a test but if your worried head to the dr.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #7
widdlelou
Registered Users

I would call a doctor, maybe not an OB but just a GP. It oculd even be like a cyst ruptured or something like that.
Due with baby girl #2 2/26/08
widdlelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #8
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

I hate to be the voice of dissent mamma, but that sounds pretty much like what I experienced with my miscarriage. I had really bad stomach cramps followed by diarriah and no bleeding until much later (4 weeks). I went to the doc the next day and she thought I was fine, just that I had eaten something bad. My cervix was still closed and I showed no signs of bleeding. Later, when I did have some bleeding the u/s revealed that the baby stopped growing at the time that I had the cramping. It may have been a stomach bug, but if you had some bleeding, I'd call just to make sure everything is okay.
*****No longer anxiously awaiting Aiden - He's HERE!!****
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:53 PM   #9
cheeky
Registered Users

My Mood:

i had those same symptoms and i think it was just from the food i ate. actually, it happened twice over a couple of weeks. i actually thought it was a miscarraige because i had been bleeding a couple days beforehand, but when i checked i was not bleeding.
so hopefully it's just a tummy bug, but remember what it was you ate before it happened. mine happened after i ate seafood at a restaurant, and the second time was after eating a chicken burger with baked fries. both times i had fries, so maybe they weren't cooked enough or something, i don't know.

but anyway just wanted to tell you that the same thing happened to me, twice, and my pregnancy is just fine, so keep your hopes up =)
cheeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:24 AM   #10
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

Since you said that you have been using protection... I am going to say 'food poisoning". I say that because you are experiencing the exact same thing I did when I had it.. pregnant! {It was earlier in this pregnancy}. I was so miserable, but I also had severe morning sickness. At first, I thought it was that, but then the horrible stomach cramps, sweats, freezing, shaking... I felt like I had to throw up but couldn't. {It really would have been a blessing right then}.. and finally the diahrrea! It lasted most of the night and nothing helped until my body was finished. I haven't eaten pork chops since!

If you are still feeling bad though... I would definitely call the doctor for a check up. If your right side hurts.. it could be appendix. {Sp?.. but hope you understand}