Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2014, 03:48 PM   #1
suthrnmomto3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Does anyone else...

Have a problem with keeping clothing? I keep every thing it seems due to 5 kids...I finally give some away when I get over 5 garbage bags sometimes due to no storage space... I don't know how much I really need. I have girls ages 13, 10, 8, and 2 & a boy aged 6. Only thing I usually have to trash is pants or turn them into shorts for home outside due yo 10 & 6 year old rough on knees. They attend public school except the 2 year old of course...

*Amy* wife to an Army Veteran & Momma to 4 girls and 1 boy.

Advertisement

Old 03-31-2014, 04:20 PM   #2
Ima_to_6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone else...

I've had a huge problem with having too much clothing (6 kids), but I'm selling like crazy trying to thin things down and get the stuff out of here. I really would like to get down to just 10 outfits or so for each child per season- and that's probably more than they really need because I do laundry 6 days a week.

I just was so overwhelmed with sorting through things and it piled up over time, but now that I have ebay and Facebook selling pages figured out, I'm making lots of money and making progress to less-stuffed closets. I've also been donating things and bringing items to our local kids consignment.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
suthrnmomto3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima_to_6
I've had a huge problem with having too much clothing (6 kids), but I'm selling like crazy trying to thin things down and get the stuff out of here. I really would like to get down to just 10 outfits or so for each child per season- and that's probably more than they really need because I do laundry 6 days a week. I just was so overwhelmed with sorting through things and it piled up over time, but now that I have ebay and Facebook selling pages figured out, I'm making lots of money and making progress to less-stuffed closets. I've also been donating things and bringing items to our local kids consignment.
I've tried the by season thing but I'm in mississippi and for the past month or two I've had to have winter and summer things out due to 20s then 80s all in same week...I'm not sure on selling on ebay because I don't have a printer and not sure on shipping things or I would.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:39 AM   #4
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

We have five kids and I have saved clothes for years in the name of thrift. I finally chucked it all. It caused us so much stress. Once I decided to do it, it was SO freeing. What pushed me over the edge was when our newborn daughter was born. I was given more clothes for her then I ever had after a baby shower. I kept only what I could fit in my kids closet for the upcoming season. The rest, I will trust that God will provide in the proper time and pass on what I have to bless others. I"m hoping for hand me downs or freecycle, worst case scenario goodwill and garage sales. Really nice stuff I will hang in there closet even if it's WAY to big, like nike sweatshirts and the like. Feels so good!!!
Old 04-01-2014, 07:59 AM   #5
kbz2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am having that hard time right now. I need to get rid of more but I find myself wanting to keep certain things because it's so cute!!!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:33 AM   #6
suthrnmomto3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2ManyBoyz
We have five kids and I have saved clothes for years in the name of thrift. I finally chucked it all. It caused us so much stress. Once I decided to do it, it was SO freeing. What pushed me over the edge was when our newborn daughter was born. I was given more clothes for her then I ever had after a baby shower. I kept only what I could fit in my kids closet for the upcoming season. The rest, I will trust that God will provide in the proper time and pass on what I have to bless others. I"m hoping for hand me downs or freecycle, worst case scenario goodwill and garage sales. Really nice stuff I will hang in there closet even if it's WAY to big, like nike sweatshirts and the like. Feels so good!!!
I guess I hang on to it all because I've had to buy it all myself no handed owns or such. A few ladies sent some from here when I desperately needed them. But I don't know if I could afford more since dh has been off work 2 years due to being hurt at work and dr finally released him but with his disability no one will hire him...I'm scared if I get rid of them then I won't have any I guess...

Old 04-02-2014, 07:53 AM   #7
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have bags and bags and bags of kids clothes! I've saved them all because we keep having kids, so I figured I would need them eventually. My issue is that my kids are all different sizes and in different sized clothing during different seasons...so I can't always use what we already have. If that makes any sense. And we also have wacky weather changes so they need full summer or full winter wardrobes for each year. My first 3 kiddos are girls and I'm due in June with our first boy, and probably our last child.

So...I've finally decided it's time to consign. We have a huge biannual consignment sale at the fair grounds. My goal is to start tagging anything that is too small for my youngest dd and pray that I get it all done before this baby arrives and I no longer have quiet evenings to work on projects. I figure if I make some money on the clothes I sell, I'll be able to use that money to buy future clothes! I've also given quite a bit of clothing away to friends at church.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:51 PM   #8
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have way too many clothes. And I only have 2 kids. lol I just don't have the time to sort and distribute. I refuse to throw them out. I like to hand them down. I do best at getting rid of DS outgrown clothes because my friend has a son the right age to pass them to and she visits my house often. But other then that it just piles up to the point I don't want to deal with it!!

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote