Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2006, 10:33 PM   #1
GracieGooseSC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
PLEASE HELP!!! I just took a bath in tea tree oil and now my skin burns!!!!!

Ok, ok feel free to laugh, but I need HELP! I just took a bath in tea tree oil to try and clear up a yeast infection. I bought a tiny bottle at walmart and poured about four tiny capfuls into the water, it was oily enough that you could see the oil in the water. I soaked for awhile and then started to burn, like when you put astringent on your face. I was only in the tub for about 20 mins and then rinsed off in the shower with soap and water afterwards. But my skin on my legs and lower stomach still burns! And I still smell like tea tree oil. Could this be harmful? Did I use to much? PLEASE HELP! I need advice asap!!!!

Advertisement

Mamato Halee (9) Chloe (7) Dalilah (4) Jack Greyson (2) and Baby#5 due in Oct!
GracieGooseSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:35 PM   #2
mama23boys
Banned
seller

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! I just took a bath in tea tree oil and now my skin burns!!!!!

i have no idea if you've used to much. i never ever thought to bathe with it. as silly as it sounds what washing up with dawn?? it cuts grease/oil, maybe that will get rid of it....

does "anything" else burn???????
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:36 PM   #3
ClarebearNkids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: PLEASE HELP!!! I just took a bath in tea tree oil and now my skin burns!!!!!

GET IN YOUR SHOWER!!! Rinse your skin off pronto. Yeah, that was a bit too much. You usually only need about 5-10 drops depending on how much water you have in your tub. After showering, you should feel much better. Hope you feel better soon!!!
ETA I saw you showered afterward. Umm... I would get in there again, and wash all over again with just water. No soap. You may still feel a bit "stingy" for a bit. But I don't think it will hurt you. I did the same thing with Anise oil once and I freaked out and called the poison control number!!! LMAO They just said to shower and it would stop eventually. Good luck to ya.

Last edited by ClarebearNkids; 08-19-2006 at 10:38 PM.
ClarebearNkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:41 PM   #4
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

yeah momma that was way too much only 10 drops should do it and you should only be in a few inches of water (just down there) get a robe after your shower and stay warm the cold is what is making it burn. I know when I do the wash and the TTO is in there the humidity in the house make the TTO escape and get into the air and when the a/c is going the same thing happens but not as bad as you are dealing with.....BTW next time get a cotton ball and put a few drops on there and put it in your panties that should help so your whole body doesn;t get it all over!

Good luck

Last edited by Hayley; 08-19-2006 at 10:44 PM.
Hayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:42 PM   #5
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

That happened when I used tangerine EO's... I contacted toryandrew (here on DS).... she knows quite a bit about EO's, especially what's a good combo for treating yeast infections and how much to use!
HTH's!
Old 08-19-2006, 10:43 PM   #6
GracieGooseSC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm such a dork!!!!!!!!!!!! 5-6 drops?!?! Next time I use an oil I'll come on here first! I have a little burning "somewhere else" but mostly on my tummy, I have stretch marks so maybe that's why???? Sorry about all the graphics. lol
Old 08-19-2006, 10:46 PM   #7
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

poor mama, hope your feeling better soon!

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:50 PM   #8
GracieGooseSC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is by far the most embarrassing thread I've ever posted. lol I hope no ones remembers me as the tea tree oil girl. lol
Old 08-19-2006, 10:52 PM   #9
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

lol we won't
Old 08-19-2006, 10:59 PM   #10
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

I will
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote