Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2006, 08:28 AM   #11
Pocket_Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need an all body diaper! ;-)

Well, she had a blood allergy test that shows she is allergic to those foods. She's only 5 months (4 at the time) so for it to show up, she must really be allergic to it ... the allergist said anyway.

Her Mutts are organic velour but also uses Zany Zebra fitteds which have fleece with no problem.

Advertisement

Pocket_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:34 AM   #12
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

My dd is also sensitive to soy. She breaks out when I drink and she had a little soy formula in her cereal. She too is sensitive to dairy, so I was trying soy as an alternative. Now we drink rice or almond milk. I am adding some dairy back into my diet for my sanity. But I tend to agree with the pp about the contact thing if it isn't all over her body. I agree, I think I would try OC/OV clothes for a couple of weeks and see if that helps.

HUGS mamma while you are going through this.
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:49 AM   #13
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

i wasn't saying she's not allergic to the foods...if the test says she is, then im sure she is...what i was suggesting is that she is also allergic to something ELSE...something that the rest of her body somehow comes into contact with, but not her bum, which, as you said, is always covered with a dipey......

Is she usually nakey except for her dipey? or clothed? what is touching her non-bum skin that doesn't touch her bum? Her clothes? her blankets, bedding? YOUR clothes, your skin...when you hold her..are you washing EVERYTHING in the house in the special detergent, or just HER clothes and dipeys.......(note: for my dd, it took us a while to realize that her sheets and OUR clothes were giving her the rashes...when we held her or she laid down to sleep, she was touching clothes and sheets that had not been washed in her special detergent.DUH, I'm a dolt!!lol!)...maybe the fabric her sling is made out of.....her stroller, swing, OR WHAYEER YOU UISE TO CLEAN THOSE ITEMS........anything she touches?....

im just trying to brainstorm here.......what things (cloth, soap, air allergens, plastics, etc) does the rest of her body touch that her dipey area is protected from??

just some thoughts. we about went crazy trying to figure out what was causing dd's skin issues as a baby......
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:41 AM   #14
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

allergies can definately be most trickey. for the longest time we couldn't figure out what was causing bloody blisters on my poor ds#1's bum. we knew he was allergic to milk and soy and we just couldn't figure it out, turned out it was pears of all things!!! as for the skin, it could also be whatever wash and lotion you are using on yourself. i was having really bad problems with eczema myself for the longest time and then i discovered arbonne and it took care of it in 1 day (also got rid of a nasty dipe rash on my ds in 2 hours and they normally took 1 week, amazing!). arbonne has adult and baby care so it could be something you can grab some samples of and try out on everyone in the fam and see if SHE clears up! i also agree with the clothing thing, and if it's not her clothing it could be yours or anyone else's.
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:40 AM   #15
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

hi sarah!! memeer me!! congrats on your lil girl btw!! i know iknow im reaaaaally late
sorry to hear about the allergies
but hurrray for cloth!!
you should get a wool dress LOL wool top and bottoms too LOL
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote