Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2006, 03:03 AM   #21
Drummer's Wife
Registered Users

Re: Link about vaccinations

Christinewith4: With all due respect I disagree with everything that you posted. And let me just say that the possiblility that vaccines are linked to autism is just a small part of this issue. Sheesh I really wish I hadn't read this so late at night. This is making me upset. I am new here, is there a debate forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinewith4
PLUS there are SHOTS WITHOUT MERCURY NOW! LOL.... all you have to do is request the vacs made naturally w/o the junk..... AND what I NEVER have understood: WHY boycott ALL shots b/c 1 supposedly is bad????
Are you sure about this??? they still have trace amounts in them left over from manufacturing the FDA, pharma companies, and your ped can claim they are thimerasol free when indeed they are not. teeny, tiny amounts and the amount deemed safe is unknown, especially when we are talking about injecting into the body of a small developing infants. But regardless, mercury is just one of the dangerous toxic ingredients.

Vacs made Naturally??? Are you kidding me? What is possibly natural about any vaccines. Please read the links in an above thread about vax ingredients (these came straight off the cdc website) And which one shot are you talking about being a bad one? They each have risks..

Quote:
AND WHY IS THERE SUCH A SMALL CHANCE OF OF CHILD CATCHING IT? B/c there are vacs! If people dont get their shots, then ALL the diseases will come back.....as stated in above posts....just look at the countries with NO vaccines!
Wrong, sorry. If you actually research this you will see that diseases were declining before mass immunizations. Maybe you saw something misleading, like that a vaccine was manufactured and then diseases started to decline.... except that they (the new vaccines) weren't introduced and on the "schedule" until a later date. I can see how this can be confusing if you don't look into it further. Countries with no vaccines??? Which ones? Any developed countries that have clean water, sanitation, healtcare, adequate living conditions, healthy food? Let me know which ones have children dying from diseases because there is no vaccine available. I'm curious.

Here's a thread you might be interested in reading: What would happen if we stopped vaccinating? and please read the entire thread and not just the link in the first post.

Quote:
Believe me, I have been there, I have done the research... when you have a child with special needs, you want an answer, and when there is no answer, it's easy to turn to hearsay...either that or end up blaming yourself, regardless of what science says...
With all due respect you have not done enough research, things you are stating are just not true. And I am not trying to change your mind, I just get frustrated when false statements are made, this thread was intended to provide links and information for parents who are learning about this. I may feel strongly about how I feel but I would not say something unless I knew what I was talking about. I'll admit at first I thought you were being sarcastic, because what you posted doesn't make much sense.

I am sorry you have a child with special needs, but the controversy regarding vaccines is not about blaming someone for anything. It's about doing what is best for your child. In the event that a vaccine does harm or kills a child, no one will take the blame. Not the pediatrician, not the cdc, not the pharma company's, not the government, not parents...and honestly it doesn't matter anyways. Once damage is done it's done.

Advertisement

Old 05-05-2006, 06:29 AM   #22
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

I am upset about my children being special needs and they were NOT special needs when they were born, nor were they special needs at the age of 2 but sometime AFTER that. Go figure.

Anyway, we already banned food colorings, preservatives, artificial flavorings, hormones, pesticides and the such. We eat about 80% organic and the rest all natural.

We do OUR personal best to keep out the unnatural, vax's and the above named. We didn't always do this though and we were ignorant of alot of what the FDA and the food manufacturer's says is "safe" and ok to consume or take into our bodies. Not realizing that these unnatural things just cannot be processed in our bodies.

Now you mentioned cancer patients needing chemo. Did it EVER occur to anybody that IF we all ate a wholefoods diet that chemo would NEVER be needed because cancer may not exist? Toxins build up in the body, in the fatty tissues causing all kinds of problems in the human body, cancer is just one of them. Chemo wouldn't be needed if cancer were irradidated. KWIM?

Now, I can't argue the fact that c-sections CAN be life savers IF it's NEEDED! Not elective! I had to have an emergency c-section almost 4 years ago and it save my life and Keegan's life. I am thankful for that but the meds given to me almost killed me that day, the very ones administered to prep me for the life saving operation! Go figure.

Quote:
5. this is NOT hersay. our bodies have survived thousands of years with out vax and will continue to do so.
LOVE THIS! I mentioned this earlier and I am a firm believer in this! I am also a strong Christian woman who believes that God would NEVER send His children to an earth that didn't provide a way for us to heal ourselves. Never! He has provided a way, mankind found it and then scientists started playing around with chemicals and the rest is history and nature was forgotten.

Ok, done for now. Sorry for the novel but so much on the brain.
keegans_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 03:04 PM   #23
Velvetpage
Registered Users

It's nice to see someone on this site who recognizes the values of modern medicine. I think some of these moms need to take a walk through a few old graveyards or family Bible records and see how many people died young, of things that modern medicine treats as minor inconveniences or never sees at all.

As for nature taking care of its own - in the last two years, two hundred thousand people have died due to forces of nature around the globe, and that's just the widely publicized stuff like Katrina, the tsunami, etc. I'd much, much rather trust to the 1% human error of medical science than natural forces that are conspiring to send us a massive flu epidemic any time now. The Spanish Flu epidemic in 1919 killed more people than World War I. If that's nature in action, give me medicine, please.
Velvetpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 03:14 PM   #24
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Yes but you can even vax against a hurricane, that is just silly.

And as for the flu? There are natural vax's for everything you can get at your docs with out a needle Bird flu included so if/when it reaches the US, my family will be ready while everybody else will be rushing the hospitals and docs offices with shortages as in the past with the regular flu seasons.

And a walk through the graveyard? Do you have any idea of how many people die from modern medicine? How many babies die after vaxing? As in hours to just a few days??? Do you know how many people die after they take a prescription that has "side-effects"? How about people who's children find these meds and overdose? I could go on and on and on.

Modern medicine CAN be a good thing but it's not all it's cracked up to be. Doctors are not God's, I don't necessarily look up to them, I don't fear illness's or diseases as I know that I can take care of them and won't need to rely on a doctor and their medicines to heal us. As those meds will only cause more damage as it's treating the original illness. I'd rather cure the one and only illness and not damage what wasn't diseased to begin with.

And if you think that vax's are good for you, I don't think you have researched far enough. I know you haven't I use to think just the same way as you do and remember somebody like me telling me the exact same thing and it pissed me off to no end as I am positive this is doing to you. It took a kick in the butt with the diagnoses of my children and my mother having a brain tumor to really 100% buy into it.

My neighbors children (she has 5) have never been vax'd had chicken pox and whooping cough so far, neither have been a big deal. We missed their kids playing with our kids for a couple of weeks but that was it. They have got to be the healthiest family on the planet. Not saying that people will NEVER die of diseases as it does happen but it STILL happens WITH vax's.

Go figure.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #25
MyLil'Mountaineers
Registered Users
Formerly: my2sons
seller

I always cringe when I see that people have started a vac thread. I REALLY don't understand why people(and I'm speaking on behalf of BOTH sides of the issue here) can't just let parents make decisions about their children and LEAVE EACH OTHER ALONE!!! Why does everyone make it their "duty" to beat people up for the decisions they make regarding their children. I'm not just talking about this issue, I'm also talking about all of the "hot topics".

As far as vaxing goes, I do vax my children. We are a medical, social work, psycology family and I have done days of research on this fact. What sealed the deal for me were 2 things (I am not trying to change any minds here). 1) I know someone who had Polio when she was a child. She is confined to a wheelchair and her body is completely contorted. She is a very independent person but for obvious reasons she has to rely alot on her parents. She is in constant and extreme emotional and physical pain all of the time. What is she going to do when her parents are not around anymore?
2)My grandmother had Scarlet Fever (I know, I know) when she was a child. You say, no big deal, right? WRONG. She developed a faulty heart valve because of the Scarlet Fever. She developed Pancreatic Cancer (not due to the SF). The doctors started discussing taking her pancreas out but later found out that they couldn't do the operation because of her faulty heart valve. She died a SLOW and painful death and left ALOT of people behind who miss her deeply.

I worry so much when my boys have to get their vaccinations and watch them like a hawk for several days. For me, I don't want my child to suffer the effects of something that can be avoided. For some this means not vaccinating but for others this means vaccinating. You don't know the reasons why a parent chooses a decision. Example: I FF my children. In any given day, I get beat up for this. But none of these people know that my children have food allergies that require a BF mama to be on a special diet. Because I have kidney disease, I can not be on this diet because it would most likely cause further damage to my diseased kidney. I would rather give my children formula then to not be around for my children. No one knows how much I wish I could BF my kids!

Education is important and posting this different links is very useful but let's stop beating each other up. Let parents make the decisions for their own children!!

Now, the flaming can begin!!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 04:48 PM   #26
keegans_mommy
seller

My Mood:

Will not flame you Amanda

I am not out to beat anybody up, and I have actually had a good debate about this. I do love me a good arguement that doesn't beat up the other person. I love to point out my POV as well as the next person. I feel this debate has been very quite interesting and it's been stimulating the mind of this mom who's around pre-school aged children

I do respect the decision to vax AND to not vax as I have been on both sides of the debate, go figure! I would passionately BEAT the non-vax'er with facts of why they should vax and I have actually told that parent they were neglectful! Now how I wish I hadn't done that as I am not the non-vaxing parent. LOL

Anyway, I feel all area's and POV's have been laid out and I don't believe I would like to continue. It's getting a bit "nit-picky" in here and I have gotten to the point of me going to greatly offend somebody that I don't want to offend and I don't want that. I want to stay on friendly terms with all DS members.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:53 PM   #27
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:

Thank you Amanda!
I would like to add a quote by Thomas Jefferson:

"If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

I think that we should all just educate ourselves and make our own choices, not go by what the government says. We all need to respect one anothers choices rather than undercutting others with little digs b/c we each make different choices.
I love this thread however, for the links, but I don't think we need all this debate in this informational thread.

Last edited by Lucky Child; 05-05-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Lucky Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:58 PM   #28
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Living in Southern California, I feel better about vaccinating my children vs. not. We have a large immigrant population here (legal and illegal) and I feel better about it because we live in a condensed environment. No escape. I do, however, vaccinate on a slower schedule.

Call me paranoid.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:28 PM   #29
scatterbrainedmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegans_mommy
And if you think that vax's are good for you, I don't think you have researched far enough. I know you haven't I use to think just the same way as you do and remember somebody like me telling me the exact same thing and it pissed me off to no end as I am positive this is doing to you. It took a kick in the butt with the diagnoses of my children and my mother having a brain tumor to really 100% buy into it.
that was me. i thought my sil was stupid and irresponsable. UNTILL I DID MY RESEARCH.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:32 PM   #30
scatterbrainedmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sons
I always cringe when I see that people have started a vac thread. I REALLY don't understand why people(and I'm speaking on behalf of BOTH sides of the issue here) can't just let parents make decisions about their children and LEAVE EACH OTHER ALONE!!! Why does everyone make it their "duty" to beat people up for the decisions they make regarding their children. I'm not just talking about this issue, I'm also talking about all of the "hot topics".
because not everyone KNOWS that they have choices. I sure didn't. not until someone told me. You assume that everyone has thought about it. not everyone does. i never thought twice about what my doc told me. i just blindly did it. not until one of my children had a vaccine reaction did i even CLICK that i should do some reading on it. I have a medically liscensed PEDI that thinks vax is not all it is touted. she will vax, but she also tries to educate parents. she is not pushy but she does respect their wishes.