Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2008, 09:56 AM   #21
Julie K
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: RME is safe/ legit. right?

RME is FDIC insured, that's why it needs your SSN...just like ANY bank. I've signed up with several banks IRL (TCF for examples that always give a gift or money when you sign up for a new account - once it was $50 for getting direct deposit)

Paypal gave out money when they first started out too. This is no different. Its not "free" money exactly - they'll make it back eventually with their CC I have no doubt.

Advertisement

Julie K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:03 AM   #22
angeldelight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa1002 View Post
No offense, but the reason so many peoples' instinct say "no" is because most people are uncomfortable giving out their SSN online, and this puts up a red flag. I understand this concern, however, the site is secure, and like I said, I don't think AOL founder Ted Leonsis, former United States Treasury Secretary Larry Summers, former Charles Schwab CEO David Pottruck, and former MasterCard International President and CEO Russell Hogg are trying to steal my personal info. They are also "backed by Citi, Morgan Stanley and Deutsche Bank." The "catch" to RME is that you can't pay with whatever credit card you want. If you want to pay by credit card, you apply for THEIR credit card and can pay thru it. That will be how they make their money.

So rest easy, your personal info is safe.
Its them saying they have the right to sell your info every company/credit card anything really that involves money there is usually a box you can tick if you dont want your information shared with others, i carnt understand why an internet company would make you print a form off to send back to them if you dont want your information shared. Surely this is odd? Why waste paper and resources, they could just have easily put a 1 line sentence and a tick box that is why i wouldnt give my information to ANY company that i cannot state straight away dont pass on my infomation
angeldelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:09 AM   #23
ocean_o_curls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

not signing up here either
Old 02-09-2008, 10:46 AM   #24
Phooey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm passing on it, too. I just don't need my financial/personal information out there in one more account. We have our bank account, our paypal, and that's it. Having one more banking account is just one more to lose track of an incur fees on, or have someone hack. No thanks.

Phooey on information overload
Kim, WIFE to an amazing hubby, MOM to Duncan (12 - early teenager syndrome), Jensen (10 - middle child syndrome), two angels, Rowan (3 - preschooler syndrome), and Kaylen Grace (born 10/29/10 - Down syndrome).
Phooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #25
anj
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for the responses. It sounds like its legit though I can see why many of you are uncomfortable with it. I sort of regret signing up and I won't link it to my bank account, but I might spend the $25 that are already in there. And I'm not too worried about them passing on my ssn or misusing it (which was the only thing I gave them that made me uneasy). And I did have to give my ssn to paypal when I first signed up. So it is most likely fine, I guess.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #26
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by anj View Post
And I did have to give my ssn to paypal when I first signed up. So it is most likely fine, I guess.
Really? I haven't. Not for my personal or my business account... or even the credit card....
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:04 PM   #27
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Any, btw, I am not signing up bc I will not give out my SSN. You can get around it with banks too. I always have.
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #28
vjjjhart
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothDiaperMePlease View Post
Any, btw, I am not signing up bc I will not give out my SSN. You can get around it with banks too. I always have.
Just out of curiousity, how do you get around giving out your ss# to your bank?

I make custom recycled longies and Mei Tais. PM me for ordering!

vjjjhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:23 PM   #29
vjjjhart
Registered Users

My Mood:

As a suggestion for anyone who is concerned with identity theft, you can call your 3 credit repositories (trans union, experian and equifax) and have them put on your credit report that you want it security protected (or something like that) and it will be protocall that anytime you or anyone else tries to open an account credit card, etc with your ss#, they will not be able to do anything until you are called and give permission to have that happen. It is a flag system that is set up with the credit bureaus.

I make custom recycled longies and Mei Tais. PM me for ordering!

Last edited by vjjjhart; 02-09-2008 at 12:24 PM. Reason: had to finish after dd saved it.
vjjjhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:36 PM   #30
iKim
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been using RME and have been very pleased with it. No fees, easy transactions. It works for me.