Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-13-2014, 02:25 PM   #1
lemieuxcrew
Registered Users

New to DS and CD! Amarillo mum!

Hello! Looking to CD my second babe (arriving next July )! Pretty overwhelmed with where and how to start! Also is it safe to start buying before baby arrives? I feel comfortable with all aspects of washing and storing but not sure as to which style or fit is the best since everyone has a different preference! None of my family or friends CD and have even discouraged it, so feeling at a loss! Tips, suggestions?

Advertisement

lemieuxcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
alycia_marie
Registered Users

New to DS and CD! Amarillo mum!

Definitely buy before baby arrives. Look at Craigslist and eBay and try to get some slightly used ones for a reasonable price. I prefer the pocket style with inserts and I like mine to have snaps. Velcro doesn't seem to stay on as well. Most of this style diapers have adjustable snaps on the front to change the size from small to large. I buy those. The first few weeks I used disposables until my baby's cord stump fell off because at the time the cloth diapers covered her belly button. When you put it on your baby make sure it is snug around the leg holes vac use of its not it will leak on you.

Last edited by alycia_marie; 12-11-2014 at 10:25 PM.
alycia_marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:00 PM   #3
mommyof4j's
Registered Users

Re: New to DS and CD! Amarillo mum!

Hi, also new to DS and CD - also live in Amarillo- I am starting off trying it out with my twins ( who will be 3 in March) hoping it will make potty training go a bit faster- I am due with baby 4 in April so I have been getting pockets that are one size fits all- so far really like them - but each family is different - I would buy a few of each kind used and once you figure out what kind you like best trade off others to build stash
mommyof4j's is online now   Reply With Quote