Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
~sarah~
Banned
seller

My Mood:
At what age did your LO start crawling?

Sean is 7 months old and shows no interest in crawling. I put him down on his tummy and he either just lays there or pushes up so his chest is off the ground but doesn't attempt to crawl. Should he be crawling by now? I'm not terribly worried, but I don't want him to fall behind on his developmental milestones, KWIM?

Advertisement

~sarah~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 03:13 PM   #2
Infinity
Registered Users
Formerly: five-littlemonkeys
seller

My Mood:
Re: At what age did your LO start crawling?

Around 6mn. I think the twins where more like 5mn. But all of them where crawling by 6mn old. My kids all sat up on their own unassisted the day or the day after they crawled and where pulling to a stand within that same week too. They went from nothing to crawling, sitting and standing all most over night!

My nieces, nephews and baby siblings where all older. I want to say more like 8-10mn when they started crawling. None of our 5 nieces and nephews walked before a year several where 14-15mn and our kids where walking between 9 and 10 mn. There’s such a huge range of ‘normal’!!!

Don't worry yet.

Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 03:54 PM   #3
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

The latest any of mine were crawling was 7 months. But most of the kids I've known have crawled later. And just because they crawl later, doesn't mean they walk late or anything like that. In fact, crawling isn't even on the list of milestones that you need to be looking for. I mean, just about every baby crawls so we tend to think that every baby needs to crawl, but some never really do and there is nothing wrong with them. I think what is considered a "normal" age range for crawling is 6-10 months. The "normal" age range for walking is 11-18 months. There really is a very broad range of what is considered "normal".
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 04:15 PM   #4
CanAmCircus
Banned

My Mood:

My 1st LO was 8 months
my second was about 7.5 months
my 3rd was 7 months or 7.5 months(i cant remember off hand)(actual age, he is a preemie so the docs do everything at watch everything at his corrected age or how old he would be if he was born when due, so according to them he crawled at (subtract 6 weeks from the age he was when he crawled)
CanAmCircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 04:17 PM   #5
adamkell
Registered Users
seller

both of my girls didn't crawl until 10 1/2 months. No need to worry, and then they both walked at 12 1/2 months.
adamkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 04:39 PM   #6
srfbluemama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Both of my kids started crawling between 6-7 months, but our nephew didn't start crawling until he was about a year old, and he didn't start walking until he was 16 months. But I think he's in the normal limits, just later than my kids were. It sounds like Sean is doing just fine.

BTW, I love his name That's what we would have named DD if she was a girl!
Old 02-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #7
Deanner03
"Life's tough. Get a helmet."
seller

My Mood:

dd was just barely 7 months. DS never really crawled. He did this odd thing my grandmother called "hitching" where he pushed himself around with one leg (and not until around 10 months) then walked. I wouldn't worry. Some kids go right to walking!
Old 02-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #8
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller

Location: I'm only passing through here as my real home is in Heaven!
My Mood:

Abram is 8 months old and he doesn't crawl either. He kind of does this roll to get where he wants. It's really funny. He does get on all fours and sways back and forth as if he's going to take off but he doesn't. He just falls.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #9
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Logan didn't crawl until about 7.5 months, Grace is 6.5 months and she's been pulling herself along with her arms for the last few weeks and up on her hands and knees rocking for the last few days. He'll get there mama, don't worry!!
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:11 PM   #10
hotfudge73
Registered Users

My Mood:

All three of my kids were just over a year when they started crawling...close to 17 months before walking...He is normal...enjoy the time he isn't mobile!!! LOL...I ahd freinds tell me I should go see a specailist...I think they were jealous I didn't have to run all over to keep up with my non-mobile child!!
hotfudge73 is offline   Reply With Quote