Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #11
heluvsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: False negative with dollar store test?

I never get anything but ghosty, evap type lines on the Dollar store tests. I mean, not even faint bfp's... The kind of lines you have to hold in bright light just the right way...

The only time I got a good line on one was when I was 21dpo

Get a real test! LOL!

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 10:02 AM   #12
melinda3443
Come by and see our boutique balls!
seller

Location: Under a heaping pile of dryer balls in South Tennessee!
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduprey85 View Post
you're in the same boat I am Momma, just a day ahead of me! LMP Jan 7th. Boobs starting to get sore. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, let us know what happens!!!

WOW really? Have you tested yet? It is driving me nutso, here I am day #40 and still no AF. It snowed yesterday so I was stuck at home, but I am going to town today to get some more (better) tests.

Thanks for all of the suggestions girls, I'll update when I take some more tests or when AF shows her ugly face!

melinda3443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:08 AM   #13
asianmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

with ds i couldnt for the life of me get a bfp on ANY TESTS. i called the dr and made him do an u/s for me to prove to everyone i was not throwing up for the heck of it
Amen.
asianmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:09 AM   #14
melinda3443
Come by and see our boutique balls!
seller

Location: Under a heaping pile of dryer balls in South Tennessee!
My Mood:

WOW, you girls are great, I am still holding out hope. I've never had a problem with testing, but who knows this time...

melinda3443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:55 PM   #15
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

NEVER use a dollar tree pregnancy test if you actually want to know you are pregnant. Those are HORRIBLE!!

I always post on these so here is my story. I had just got married and didn't have AF. I was confused.. so since we were in the Dollar Tree with the kids I thought.. a pregnancy test is a pregnancy test right? WRONG. I took the test and got a negative. I waited another week.. got another neg. Went to the OB, got a positive within seconds of them testing. I waited until I was four months pregnant.. four months now... and took another Dollar Tree pregnancy test.. guess what I got? A NEGATIVE. I have heard of LOTS of mamas having that happen. In 2005 when I was pregnant with ds, they did a recall on them because they were giving a TON of false negs. The sad part was.. some mamas actually got false positives which were probably wishful thinking on their parts with evaporation lines. Anyway.. they recalled them and posted about it. My DH & I laughed because we were definitely ones who got the false negatives.

I would ONLY buy a EPT test {not digital} as I have NEVER gotten a false anything with those. I tested 3 days before I was due for AF with this baby and got a very strong + sign.

So you can definitely be pregnant and get a false negative with those cheap Dollar Tree tests. I personally think they are a waste of money and cause lots of unnecessary stress.

Good Luck Mama!
Old 10-31-2010, 12:52 AM   #16
zippygonzallez
Registered Users

Thank you for your input, I have been looking around today on peoples experiences with these. Today I got one from the dollar store being a poor college student I don't have the money to go spend $20 to see I got a negative. The thing is I just know that I am pregnant I can't really explain it, its just a gut feeling and the DS test gave me a negative and when I told my mother she laughed at me .... hysterically... So I am making an appointment for this week to get a blood test. Fingers Crossed!!!
zippygonzallez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:12 PM   #17
NEWBUTWILLING
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took 2 Dollar Tree tests this pregnancy and they were TRUE positives.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:34 PM   #18
Ola_
Registered Users

Wow, how did a 2008 thread get revived? Anyway, I used dollar store tests and got very accurate results, whether they were positive or negative. Actually if you look up the data at peeonastick.com they are fairly sensitive and many actually beat the test done in a doctor's office! Personally I'd get a few more and test again in a couple of days, using first morning urine.
Ola_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:45 PM   #19
mamamegan841
Registered Users
seller

I've never had a problem with a dollar store test - they are always right for me. However, when I tested with this pregnancy, I tested 14 DPO around 8 pm and again the next morning with my first urine. The line on the second test was much lighter than the one from the night before. It was barely even visible, so yeah, I would think that they could be wrong.
mamamegan841 is offline   Reply With Quote