Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #11
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: For Canadians: postage for shipping to Canada

The get the cheaper shipping(First Class International) they have to go to the PO.

I recently ordered a package of hemp silk from Dharma. they charged me $15.56 for Air Parcel Post.

It arrived the other day with a shipping cost of $3.76 & it was mailed First Class International.

It is a $11.80 difference. I've emailed them to ask why. It wouldn't have bothered me as much if it had actually been mailed as they said it would.

Advertisement

Old 05-21-2008, 08:28 PM   #12
peachesmum
Registered Users

My Mood:

I wouldn't have a problem with over paying by that amount though I'd hope to pay less of a premium. I'm only familiar with shipping from Canada, but shipping out of country does require extra forms to fill out for customs which is a bit of a pain!
peachesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:58 PM   #13
C-MaeMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

paying any extra shipping cost is reasonable like $1-2, but paying complete postage for a ppd item is bogus...i actually started a thread in transactions and got alot of steam about this
Old 05-21-2008, 11:47 PM   #14
Liddle1
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy

I once paid $9 shipping for a shirt that the actual postage was $1.31. I was pissed....

Shipping in the states is a LOT cheaper than canada. I'll pay a few dollars more depending on the size of the item, but not a whole lot more.
Liddle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:28 PM   #15
bumbo
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just added money one time to help for the costs because I got a hand full of dipes and I knew that it would cost a little more. Another time the mamma asked for $2 extra and I had no problem giving it. As long that the dipes stay at a reasonable price I have no problem paying a little extra to help with shipping.
bumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:21 PM   #16
breanne_roz
Registered Users
seller

I've never been ripped off by any DS mamas,b ut on ebay I sure have!! I purchased something for DH, paid nearly $80 to have it shipped here and when it arrived the actual postage was $21 or something. Almost all of the time when I purchase on ebay or other sites I get ripped off, for example if shipping is $2, I'll end up paying $7 or something. What bothers me even more than being ripped off is mamas refusing to ship to Canada....it's just kind of an annoyance, especially if it's something that you really want!
breanne_roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:45 PM   #17
Bumby
Registered Users
Formerly: steph_sohier
seller

My Mood:

I need to figure out this shipping thing from home. That sounds really good. I guess you just buy a bunch of stamps for postage? I have paid $2 for shipping to Canada and felt ripped off as it was only $1.50 to send. I have always gone to the PO to send so far, with my baby, and don't mind in the least. I get to show him off in line that way, lol. I guess if they ask for extra and we really want the dipe, then we do what we have to. Are we willing to pay the price for the dipe is the only question right?
Bumby is offline   Reply With Quote