Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2006, 06:23 AM   #1
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do strangers come up to you and predict your baby's gender??

I've had this happen 5 or 6 times in the past few weeks. One woman was just adamant that it has to be a girl bc I am carrying like a basketball. Two other people said it was a boy for that reason! Does anyone know how the old wives tale really goes? DId you carry differently with different gendered kiddos? My dr. says it has nothing to do with gender, but with how your body is built. Any thoughts or commiserating?? For once I've been wishing we knew so that I could prove people wrong!

Advertisement

yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:32 AM   #2
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do strangers come up to you and predict your baby's gender??

I don't walk up to people but if someone is in line I will make conversatipon and ask if they know. Some people I get a *feeling* about and others I don't. I never go based on how they are carrying. I must admit the last 6 or so pregnant mamas I guessed before their ultrasounds/births and was right ~ just based on feelings. I already have a feeling about Rachele (FF)

I have always heard you carry like a basketball (gaining weight only in your belly) for a boy and you gain wiehgt everywhere for a girl. I have also heard if you are glowing it's a boy, not glowing it's a girl (they suck the beauty out of you).

Personally this is wrong with me. All 3 of mine have been carried about the same. I generally only gain weight in my tummy and a touch in the theighs. My skin was only bad with Madison but then again I was on hormone shots and steriod shots so that may be to blame. My hair has always grown like crazy when preggers but only fell out with Alex.

BTW ~ I was right about Shannon (girl), my SIL (girl), my 3 ex co workers (all girls), my ex boss (boy) and a friend of a friend (boy). These were all in the past 7 months and I have yet to get one wrong this year (although I have been wrong in the past).

Last edited by GrowingUpMad; 08-24-2006 at 06:34 AM.
GrowingUpMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:56 AM   #3
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

want to see a pic of me and you can guess??
Old 08-24-2006, 07:12 AM   #4
GrowingUpMad
seller

My Mood:

Sure, I was trying to see if I got a feeling but nothing. Maybe a pic will help!!
Old 08-24-2006, 07:20 AM   #5
jkelstaten
Registered Users

everyone tried to tell me that because DD#2 appeared to be carried high (I don't know how since she was sitting on my nerves to my leg) that it was definitely going to be a boy. they told me that after I had the US showing that it was a definitely a girl. With both pg. I didn't get big until 28 weeks (the magic US date) so I knew what I was having before people started making the comments.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:21 AM   #6
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here's my 37.5 week belly pic:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3...h/100_1853.jpg
Old 08-24-2006, 07:24 AM   #7
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am guilty as charged! Okay, so I don't do it to strangers, but I sure as water do it to my friends! It's fun!
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:55 AM   #8
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

I carry big and way out front every time I am pregnant everyone tells me I am having a boy. But I have 2 girls and another girl on the way. So I don't think it has anything to do with how you carry. MY mom thought I was going to be a boy because she carried my older sister really high and carried me really low, she said she thought I would fall out. LOL So there again how you carry is not indication as to gender.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:05 AM   #9
GrowingUpMad
seller

My Mood:

Sorry, not getting a real strong feeling. I looked more at your face and thought boy (although you seem to be carrying similiar to me and mine is a girl). Hmmm...I'm still leaning towards boy. We'll find out soon enough if I'm right.

What are your other children?

I already have a feeling that if I have #4 it will be a girl. Not sure why, I just have a feeling that it'd be another girl. With my first I thought it was a boy and when they told me girl I was so upset. I snuck and bought a few boys things anyway. Lucky I did because my "girl" had a penis.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:16 AM   #10
westend
Banned
seller

LOL, strangers never came up tome, but EVERYONE insisted I was having a girl cause my belly was wide and flat....LOL Well they were right, it was a girl

I vote for boy!!
westend is offline   Reply With Quote