Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2006, 10:43 PM   #1
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:
Stacinator????

Ok, so....I got some Prefolds and am REALLY loving em (boy, I sure didn't expect that one!!!!). I have a GAD fleece cover that I've just been laying hem in, but the fleece is really HOT for Liam. So wondering about a Stacinator? is this a good cover for laying prefolds in? And if so, whats a good place to get them embroidered? I still want wool to be fun, even if it's not knit....kwim?
TIA

Advertisement

Jemgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:00 AM   #2
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Re: Stacinator????

I would say no, not for laying prefolds in. You'd definitely want to pin or snappi. They are very roomy and don't really grip around the edges like you'd want with a lay in pf. They are also fairly bulky, although I do love them for nighttime and naptime. I only have deluxe ones, though, not the single layer.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:03 AM   #3
mamas120
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with pp you def. need pins or a snappy when using a stacinator. And I also find them to be bulky. Great for at home use though.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:56 AM   #4
Bridget Riedell
Registered Users

My Mood:

Are you wanting to know about the Stacinator fleece or wool?

I have both. I have the deluxe fleece and I could just lay the PF in with the tightest setting, but I think snappied or pin would be better, esp. since dd is very mobile these days. I like the wool Stacinator day/night covers better though, and I do love my fleece. The wool covers are stretchy, so I use a snappi under those too.

HTH,

In Christ, Bridget
Bridget Riedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:09 AM   #5
tinkletraps
Registered Users

I trifold a pf in a Staccinator Stretch wool all the time for my little guy. But I couldn't do it when he was smaller. And I only do it after he's pooped for the day.
tinkletraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:56 AM   #6
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a Stacinator fleece cover for the baby that's not here yet and it does seem a little bulky. I also have some Stacinator stretch wool covers that are great. I haven't tried just laying a prefold in there but I guess you could...they're pretty snug fitting. They feel just like t-shirt material (slightly more "wooly" after being washed and lanolized) and are pretty thin...in fact, dh doesn't like just a soaker on DJ so I have even put pants/shorts over the Stac cover. The ones I have are the "day weight" but I have used them overnight with no problems (DJ's not a super soaker though). They recently came out with a day/night cover that is supposed to be better for super soakers but still super trim.

If you want to try out the day weight covers, check http://www.snugglehugs.com/catalog.php?category=36 because she's clearing out the rest of her stock and the ones that are left are only $13. The last time I talked to her, she was waiting for some new colors before ordering the day/night ones so I'm not sure when that will be. You can find the day/night ones around $20 most places I think.

Good luck!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:04 AM   #7
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

i LOVE my stac fleece covers....they are both the deluxe kind, and yes they are a little bulky, i cant usually put them under pants, but under dresses they are fine and at night....i never snappi or pin...they keep the prefold nice and snug for me...even the one that is a size too big?? The stretch wool is VERY trim...very thin...but works well i understand, my irl friend has one and loves it.....
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:35 AM   #8
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the advice. I think I will order one and try it with laying it in, but I'll also order a couple snappi's just in case it won't work without. I really want the wool, as fleece seems like it will be too warm for summer. So there are two different "weights" in the wool? a day and a day/night? Are there any good places that sell them with the option of embroidering? i'd love one embroidered with a cool design on it!
Thanks again
Jeme
Jemgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:41 AM   #9
Bridget Riedell
Registered Users

My Mood:

Maybe one of the lovely moms here could embroider it for you?

In Christ, Bridget
Bridget Riedell is offline   Reply With Quote