Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2006, 12:52 PM   #1
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Your favorite breastpads?

We're using disposable lansinoh ones, but it'd probably be cheaper for me to get cloth ones, huh? LOL Plus, I hate the way the gel in them feels. Which are your favorite? I'd love to have a stay dry feel, I think, but it's not necessary.

Advertisement

Old 08-23-2006, 01:58 PM   #2
ILuvLucia&Mia
Registered Users
seller

Re: Your favorite breastpads?

I loved the Lansinoh ones because those were the only ones I didn't leak thru...I was a milking machine! Once my milk somewhat regulated, I got the washable Medela ones, and I've been nothing but pleased with them.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #3
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love the ones I make (OV top, OC inner, felted wool outer) but I also love the ones my friend makes that are fleece topped, hemp inner and PUL back. I leaked HORRIBLY at first but didn't have any problems w/ either. The only ones I have leaked through are the ones w/ no water-resistant backing.
todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:56 PM   #4
J3nn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cloth never worked for me because I was a very heavy leaker. I used and will use again, Kendall Curity.I like the feel and they arent bulky and hold a lot.

I bought a case of 288 for $45 from
http://www.vitalitymedical.com/Vital...944&PID=500871
Old 08-23-2006, 06:14 PM   #5
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:

Immediately PP, the only pads that worked for me were Lansinoh because I leaked very heavily and had letdowns every time I heard or even thought about a baby! They have these new ones now that are Ultra Soft, and I really liked them a lot, even though they are thicker. Actually, this time I started using the Elan pads. They are similar to the Lansinoh Ultra Soft except that they have lanolin already on them, so you don't have to rub sticky lanolin on your sore breasts. The down side to both the US and the Elan is that they are more bulky and noticeable. I still loved them, but I finally decided it was getting too costly to do disposables and my milk is more in balance now, so I use hemp fleece pads (Happy Heiny, I think). I just bought a pair of Ama'z nursing pads that are bamboo velour backed with windpro, and I can't wait to try them out.
Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:35 PM   #6
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lansinoh, or something breathable. I was sore until I stopped using non-breathable pads, and I heard from my LC that they can aggrivate thrush.

I loved the lansinoh pads, I could never see them under my clothes. At night I would just double them up.

When I was pregnant I walked by this mom who had just dropped her kids off at school and she was wearing (too short) shorts and a way too tight pastel tank top and you could the breastpads so well I was mortified for her. We are in the city too so she was not just hopping back in her car, she was already a block away from school.

I made a mental note to always check my breastpads before leaving the house.
Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:20 PM   #7
jurassicsap
Registered Users
seller

I loved my lana wool breast pads. They were soo soft & were the most comfortable thing in the beginning when my nipples were sore. Also, they are larger than average pads so the edge of the pad is not really noticable, IME.
jurassicsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 12:29 AM   #8
my3punkins2005
Banned
seller

i LOVE my lana wool pads too!! they were large so i felted some of them and left some regular,I love wool because it is natural and breathable so i could stay yeast free.. oh and super SOFT ..also antibacterial..i went way overboard a purchased 6 pairs..and BF my 3rd child i have had no where near the heavy letdown or leaking like i did with the first 2
my3punkins2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:58 PM   #9
littleways
Registered Users

I love lansinoh - cloth didn't work for me either because I was such a milk machine, lol. I'm still using them but after seeing this board, I think maybe I should try my cloth ones again since I'm not leaking at much anymore. At night I just sleep with a t-shirt and place a cpf on the side I'm not nursing on - it absorbes great!

Check out: http://www.weecuddle.com
littleways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:00 PM   #10
GracieGooseSC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Your favorite breastpads?

I loved Lanoish too. They are expensive though...but compared to formula they are still cheap! lol
Mamato Halee (9) Chloe (7) Dalilah (4) Jack Greyson (2) and Baby#5 due in Oct!
GracieGooseSC is offline   Reply With Quote