Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2006, 08:26 AM   #11
deejahd
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do strangers come up to you and predict your baby's gender??

They don't try to predict gender, but do rub my tummy all the time. This NEVER happened to my sister who just had her baby 6 weeks ago, not sure why it always happens to me. Guess I look too kind.

Advertisement

Old 08-24-2006, 11:08 AM   #12
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

With my first I did not find out. But I had little old ladies telling me "Oh honey, you are having a baby girl". I would get so mad so I really thought I was having a boy. I did have a boy. So I am not sure why they thought I was having a girl.

This time people are telling me a boy and some a girl. My daughter is 4 and she says a boy and a girl...2 babies. lol Dawn, your thoughts??? lol

yellowcampcat, My vote for you is a boy. Don't know why....just the feeling I get when I llok at your pic!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:32 AM   #13
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

I guess people's, but not to their face, LOL. When a family friend is pregnant my mom and I will guess but not tell anyone, LOL. I've never had someone guess for me, usually they ask if I know what I'm having. I LOVE guessing for other people, but only if they ask. I have a good track record with other people's kids, but not my own, LOL.
Supposedly higher up and rounder is a girl, lower down is a boy. I will say the earlier part of this last pg I was carrying higher, meaning girl. With my son it was lower. My DH has a REALLY good track record of guessing, let me see what he says about you. He says you're going to have a boy, LOL.
I was going to guess girl, so I'm absolutely no help.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:42 AM   #14
Cadensmommy
Registered Users
seller

OMG i had the same thing happen!!! I so new it wass a boy and they told me girl and my girl had a penise to i even took a just in case outfit to the hosp. glad i did! and I have been right with every one i know too!

CLarissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by madalexsmom
Sorry, not getting a real strong feeling. I looked more at your face and thought boy (although you seem to be carrying similiar to me and mine is a girl). Hmmm...I'm still leaning towards boy. We'll find out soon enough if I'm right.

What are your other children?

I already have a feeling that if I have #4 it will be a girl. Not sure why, I just have a feeling that it'd be another girl. With my first I thought it was a boy and when they told me girl I was so upset. I snuck and bought a few boys things anyway. Lucky I did because my "girl" had a penis.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:42 AM   #15
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I just talked to my mom and I got another one right (and I didn't even see a pic of her). My cousin's wife is expecting and it's a boy!! Just as I guessed...I also guessed he isn't the daddy (I'm certain one day I will find out if I am right on that one as well).
Old 08-24-2006, 12:23 PM   #16
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

Well with DS #1 I carried high and still had a pretty face. With DD I carried low and had horrible acne..it was awful. With DS#2 I carried in the middle to low and had some acne as well but barely.

I am not good as guesing, I am always wrong!
Old 08-24-2006, 12:39 PM   #17
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My other child is a girl...most people thought she was going to be a boy--including me. I have a feeling this one is another girl--so I'm probably wrong again, although I did read something once where they said that the mother's intuition is the thing that's accurate most often, although it wasn't with my dd!
It is fun to guess for people, so feel free to guess away...It's just weird when strangers do it and are so convinced! I had almost 0 prenancy symptoms with dd - no skin changes on face or abdomen, no sickness, no swelling, nothing. With this one I was sick, I have the melasma mask on my cheekbones, and my ankles are swelling horribly. Ive also gained more. At any rate..I'm 39 weeks today, so not much longer until we know.
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:07 PM   #18
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had an amniocentesis at the beginning of my 2nd trimester and I didn't start showing much until after that so we knew for a FACT that DS was a boy before strangers could even tell I was pregnant... so it was interesting when people tried to guess. Most people would actually guess girl and then I'd set them straight and they would be like "ooh, well, ya know those ultrasounds aren't always right". And I'd say "true, but we've seen his chromosomes."

But, most people STILL think he's a girl at 15 months old so I guess I can't really blame them.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote