Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2006, 08:36 PM   #1
Cranberrycove
Registered Users
seller

Question cloth potty training pants recommendations?

My 20 month old son is potty training and I'm looking for a cloth training pant that I can use but it not bulky like a diaper. I bought a pack of the pull-ups and I like how they're thin....but...they're disposable. (get this, my son wants to potty train when we put him in disposables, probably because he doesn't like them so much...worth buying them for that???)

Anyway, does anyone have any good recommendations for a training pant? He's not ready for the gerber type ones that aren't waterproof yet, but he doesn't really need a whole diaper now. I found these Dappi really cheap but don't know anything about them so I haven't ordered them.

Advertisement

Cranberrycove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:39 PM   #2
twinsmomkatie
Registered Users
seller

Re: cloth potty training pants recommendations?

We used 2 pr at a time of those gerber pants, with the pull-on plastic pants over them. The girls REALLY didn't like how they felt wet, and trained rather quickly.

Well, truth be told, they ran around in dresses with nothing on for about a week, but we did the 2-pr-panties + plastic pants when we went out.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:51 PM   #3
ashkash
Registered Users
seller

We've been using the Imse Vimse ones with Colin. They work pretty well, even when he really wets them. They're not as trim as pull-ups, but not as bulky as some of the Gerber waterproof trainers I had for Dean. They fit decently under his clothes, and he thinks they're "big boy" underwear.
#5 Due 11/2012 - It's a GIRL!

ashkash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:20 PM   #4
mamagina
Registered Users
seller

Personally we did the gerber cotton ones, too. And the no-underware thing for about a week. For my DD, it was easy in a dress. DS, it was alittle more awkward. The Dappi Vinyl ones (you linked to) I didn't like as much as the nylon ones. The nylon was softer and seemed less bulky. I had a few of both for when we went out, but I used a nylon pull-up cover over the cotton trainers before reaching for the vinyl waterproof one.

The Snap-EZ AIO trainers were great for trim fitting when you don't need to absorb as much as a whole diaper and loved the snaps for the poopy accidents.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:52 AM   #5
StripedDipes
Registered Users

I'd try Cloth Thoughts. They're nice and trim, and have lots of options.
StripedDipes is offline   Reply With Quote