Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2006, 06:52 AM   #1
heathersgirls
Registered Users
seller

Will someone educate me on fleece

Please?

With winter coming I have been trying to figure out what to put on my baby's bum. And I keep wondering about fleece longies.

What kind of maintanence do they need? Can they be worn all day or do they need to be aired out like other covers? What about at night, what kind of system then? What else should I know? Ah, yes, and what's your favorite and where to get it.

Thank you!!!

Advertisement

Old 08-24-2006, 07:17 AM   #2
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Will someone educate me on fleece

I have NO CLUE how it works but I have a pair of fleece pants and shorts and we have only used the shorts as its been so hot, BUT ds is a HEAVY wetter and I use a premium prefold w/ a preemie/infant prefold trifolded and snappi it, than add the fleece shorts at night and we have not had any leaks(knock on wood) I LOVE it..we have only used it at night though..the only thing I have noticed is it got VERY pilly the first wash, but to me that not a big deal...I know there are more mamas that can/will be more helpful
LuAnn
ETA: I got mine from Jennyofthemoom when she was doing testers
Old 08-24-2006, 01:28 PM   #3
Nadmom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Will someone educate me on fleece

I am pretty new to fleece and have never used fleece longies. I was having night-time leaking issues and since I started using fitteds and fleece covers at night no more leaks. I use the Stacinator Deluxe Fleece Covers http://stacinator.com/fleece.shtml and love them (I have a couple others and they don't fit as well). They are bulky though so I don't use them during the day and after being used all night long they need to be washed, so not sure about the airing out but I would think if the fleece doesn't feel wet or smell you could use it again.

Oh and fleece is very very low maintenance. I just wash the covers with my diapers but you can even wash them with your regular clothes. They don't really need the special care that other diapers and covers need.

Barefoot Books
Nadmom is offline   Reply With Quote