Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-21-2008, 06:19 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Co-sleeping, does it make weaning difficult?

Originally Posted by mysummergirls View Post
When we nightweaned dd2 (around 27 mos), we were having her start the night in her room and then she would wander into our room at some point in the night. I had to start wearing a different bra to bed because the sleep bra I usually wore was too easy for her to access (she would nurse without me knowing it...I slept right through it). She was sleepy enough when she came into our room that I would tell her I was going to the bathroom and when I got back she was asleep. Eventually, I didn't have to take a potty break for her to go to sleep without nursing.
now that's cute When my ds gets older, the potty break sounds like a good plan too!

Lura-Mommy to Noah and wife to Scott
Mama2Noah is offline   Reply With Quote
Registered Users
Formerly: *home*mademama

Yes, that does sound like a great idea, thank you all so much. You know, nursing Samuel this long is a blessing for sure, I really wanted to nurse this long as I couldn't or didn't with my first 2 but I never knew it would have so many little obstacles with it. It is so nice to know I can come on here and get help and understanding so quickly and SUCH great help it is. It's the "I have been there (or am there)" help.
DUE FEB 2016! Watch THIS, only 10 min. of your life and it may change forever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #13
Registered Users

When DS was about that age, I was so exhausted with the 5-6 night nursing sessions. I was ready to wean him and just over it. Dr. Sears' Breastfeeding Book had some great advice on how to move past it and support for changing anything once you start to resent it. We used his suggestions (DH in at night only with water available) for a few nights - with me no where in sight or earshot. This worked to night wean DS and we went on to bf just past his 2nd bday.

We needed a change and that was OK. Because we listened to everyone's needs (including mine) I believe we continued to bf much longer than we would have if we tried to just "push through it".
~ Kristy
Mom to my two sweet boys: Dax 04.04.05 and Jace 05.23.10
weewilliewinks is offline   Reply With Quote