Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2006, 12:20 PM   #1
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:
Anyone take Zofran?

I am sooo sick!!! I cannot hardly even get out of bed today.. I been throwin up and neeeeed some help.. I tried all sorts of stuff already.. even the b6 and no avail.. i puked that up 30 min after i took it... if any of you ahve taken zofran..when did you start, how long.. andare there any size effects??

Advertisement

Old 08-24-2006, 12:22 PM   #2
Luvmybabies
My two cuties :)
sitesupporter
seller

Re: Anyone take Zofran?

I took it during my pg with Corey. I started about 7wks. The only side effect I remember was drowsiness.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
1boy1girl1bitty2
Registered Users
seller

ask your dr about diclectin. it is a prescription drug exspecially developed for morning sickness. i was taking 500mg 4x a day for all 9 months with my daughter and 200 2x a day for the first 5 months with my son and periodically as needed after that! i was still sick with my daughter but the diclectin made it so i could at least function!
Old 08-24-2006, 01:10 PM   #4
fpww_rachael
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took Zofran and I would take out a loan for it if I had to because it was amazing! I get hyperemesis really bad, and have been in the hospital for it because of extreme weight loss during pregnancy. Anyway, I took a few things with my first pregnancy and nothing helped. Then, with my second pregnancy, my dr. said that Zofran (which I had never taken) was being offered in a different form that simply dissolved in your mouth. It's very expensive, but so worth it, and also safe. The max you can take it 2 a day, I took that for at least a month! Then, I weaned down to 1 a day for a little while longer. Ask your dr. about it. If I'm ever pregnant again, I am going to ask for it immediately!!!
Old 08-24-2006, 01:29 PM   #5
soygurl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You should PM Ooey. She took Zofran after trying several other meds.
soygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:30 PM   #6
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Yes, and it helped beautifully. I was the same as fpwwrachael. Sick, sick, sick. Word of advise, however, eat lots of fiber and drink lots of water with it as it slows down everything and you will become constipated. I took it from 7 weeks to about 11? I think. Rachele, I feel your pain.

Good luck!
Old 08-24-2006, 01:54 PM   #7
stephdpn
Registered Users
seller

I took it with both pregnancies - it was a miracle drug for me! I didn't get sleepy, but I did get VERY constipated!! better than throwing up, though! It is VERY VERY expensive if you don't have Rx insurance - like 8-900 for a month's supply, I think!
Old 08-24-2006, 01:57 PM   #8
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

I also get very, very sick during pregnancies. I have tried everything, reglan, b6, zofran....etc.

The best thing is to get an IV (if you are really sick and get dehydrated from throwing up) with zofran in it.

I couldn't do them for very long, because zofran is expensive!! Our insurance wouldn't cover very much, but it's good stuff.

It didn't solve everything for me. I get very, VERY, very sick. But, it did help a little.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:00 PM   #9
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

I took zofran when I was preggo with Maddy. It helped soooo much. I was sick with her till I was about 16 wks but the zofran helped soooo much! good luck, hope you start feeling better soon!

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:20 PM   #10
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dr wouldn't give me Zofran, I don't know why. I was using Tigan and nother type of suppositories after 9wks for it but both didn't help much. The one or 2 times I did take Tigan I threw up blood. I guess I had torn my esophagus and blood drained into my stomach. It stopped by that afternoon but I was really sick for a long time. Like 20+ wks. I didn't even gain until after 24wks because it was still bothering me. I hated it!! I wish they would have given me something like that. The Advice Nurse said I definatly had Hyperemisis but my dr wouldn't give me the dang Zofran! My friend had to take it with her 3 pregnancies b/c of how sick she got. Poor mamas!
I would definatly recommend anything w/ real ginger in it. Natural Ginger Ale or even making your own Ginger tea helps w/ the nausea. I was also told to drink tea, clear soda or Gatorade in 1/4C increments every 10 mins and then try something like Cheerios, saltines or dry toast. Another nurse recommended PB & crackers, something about the carb/protein combo settles the stomach. Good luck!!