Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2008, 07:17 PM   #1
suprmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
ATTN: NY vaxing and non vaxing moms

A friend just sent me this link. Its a bill in NY they want to pass making all vax's mandatory. I am a vaxing mama but I do NOT get the flu shot and I am not interested in the HPV. (please do not flame me) I think its your right to decide and should not be decided by the government. And if its starts in NY who knows what other states could be effected! This is what it reads:

Assembly Bill 10942 would make all vaccines recommended by the CDC mandatory for all children to attend school and, and for the first time vaccines would become mandatory for infants and toddlers.

The bill was introduced in Rules Committee at the request of Richard Daines, the Commissioner of the New York State Department of Health. The Rules Committee in the personal committee of the Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver (D-Manhattan).

A-CHAMP is calling for rejection of this bill and is demanding the passage of A5468/S3031, a bill that would give individuals a right to a philosophical exemption from vaccine mandates. This is no time to transfer vaccine decisions away from individuals and elected officials answerable to the voters and give it to obscure bureaucrats with financial ties to the vaccine industry.

Here are a few features of the proposed bill:
· Our elected New York representatives would no longer determine the mandatory schedule of vaccines to attend school; decisions made by the federal Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices would automatically become mandatory.
All children, infants and toddlers included, in New York would be required to get all vaccines recommended by the ACIP according to the ACIP schedule
All children in New York up to age 18 would be required to get annual flu shots.
· All girls in New York would be required to get a human papilloma virus shot.
· All junior high school children and college students would be required to
get meningococcal shots.
· Doctors would be required to issue certificates for every shot given and parents would be required to maintain the records and provide them to school and other authorities.
· The rules committee claims that the new laws would have no fiscal impact on the state despite the necessity of the state to spend tens of millions on purchasing new vaccines, a vast increase in mandatory record keeping and enforcement for schools, and a huge increase that could be expected in the number of cases of neurological damage, Guillian Barré syndrome and other vaccine-caused injuries.

Advertisement

Old 06-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
Baby_Vol
Registered Users
seller

Re: ATTN: NY vaxing and non vaxing moms

Can they do that?? Wow.

How can we fight that? I'm not in NY, but this concerns me.
Baby_Vol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #3
wvgemini
Registered Users

My Mood:

Okay, there are some vaccines people can't take because of allergies (flu comes to mind), WTF are they going to do about that?!?! That's scary.
TTC #2 when he gets back!

IHA:Drybees,Fitteds,Wool,Fleece
wvgemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:14 PM   #4
even_in_death
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am also a vaxing mama for my own reasons but that is just plain wrong. We should decide what get put into our children not the government.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:17 PM   #5
Tavie and Ellie's Mom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Vol View Post
Can they do that?? Wow.

How can we fight that? I'm not in NY, but this concerns me.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:27 AM   #6
mother_04_07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by even_in_death View Post
I am also a vaxing mama for my own reasons but that is just plain wrong. We should decide what get put into our children not the government.
6/02 ~ 7/02~ 12/03 9/04 Born @ 38.0w LifeFlight/NICU/IA defect Surgery #1@3days old,#2 2/06, #3 11/09,#4 6/10,#5 8/10
7/2007born emergency c-section @39.0wIn STOCK Mama Cloth & PAST WORK
mother_04_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 06:50 AM   #7
proudmommaof4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I vax as well, I try to delay as much as possible and I pick and choose but NY is getting ridiculous. Try living here lol. Every aspect of our children's lives are starting to be controlled by the state. It really is starting to bother dh and I, not just that but the taxes, insurance, laws ect. but dh works for NY state so trying to move somewhere else even just over the border to PA would kill us in income taxes. Oh and I do have a bit more leway with vaxing because my babies are born in PA and I have a wonderful doctor who is in NY but from the clinic in PA but as soon as they start school it turns into world war 3.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:52 PM   #8
PailPowder
Registered Users
Formerly: tina041077
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm....well I selectively vax Megan....but seriously what would they do if you refused? Do you think it would be something drastic like jail or CPS? Or maybe a fine? See there are some vaxes I do choose to get, but if this passes I might refuse more just on principle. People suck
Old 06-14-2008, 09:32 PM   #9
JDT
Banned

My Mood:

I'm actually not suprised that vaxing might be made mandatory. I read somewhere that due to non-vaxing families certain illnesses have made a comeback. It's supposed to be a public health issue.

I have no idea how valid any of the complaints are but that's the justification.

As far as what they do - I know that they won't let your kids in school. And in some cases I belive that it becomes a legal issue.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote