Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2008, 05:36 PM   #1
Mama2b2Caden
FSOT Needs Resolved,DO NOT B/S/T
seller

My Mood:
i think goodmams are home diapers

nak

got our first gm from a great mom here who sold it to me in EUC for a VERY resonable $20! Thank you soooooo much mama. I will leave feedback, I promise! (Um for anyone else missing feedback from me PLEASE PM me and I will leave yours too!)

OK, so I got the diaper and hadnt tried it yet because I keep intending on taking pictures of him in it along with our new LUXE stuff and other random fluff. But I realized no one wants to see a picture of my baby screaming bloody murder and thats all he does all day and night unless he is eating.

My aunt came today to take Caden and I to lunch so I threw the GM into the diaper bag and off we went.

At first he was wearing a bamboo prefold with a luxe cover, as usual, but I havent taken the baby out much and didnt realize what carseat compression does to cloth diapers so he was SOAKED through! I had to change his diaper at the restaurant and so I put the GM on him and tried to cover it with a BlueBerry Minky cover but it was too big for the cover bummed, I settled for a plain ole prefold and changed his outfit and we were good to go.

I just put the GM back on him with a knit wool soaker- its the only thing I have that fits over it! They are not the trimmest diapers available but I still really love it! Its sooo cute and soft. Not sure about all the snaps, but I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to put on a KL1 to save my life or a MUTT either! I am better off with aplix any day but HATE the fuzzies that manage to get stuck in the hook part!

So what about you all? Do your LOs mostly wear their GMs at home? I SOOOO want a stash of these diapers for home time but I think I need to go back to BG OS pockets for grandpa and grandma and something really trim for car rides.

What do you all use for the car seat diaper?

Advertisement

Lisa Rene: Grateful, Gentle, Single Mama to my Dream Come True, Caden Isaac born 12-18-07: Still Nursing and still Rear Facing! I'm BACK in School! Earning a 2nd Degree as a Registered Nurse!But would rather be
Register to SHOP Designer Boutiques and get $10 FREE for You and Me! Rue La La
Mama2b2Caden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:
Re: i think goodmams are home diapers

Yea, any OS dipe, especially a fitted is gonna be bulky until he gets bigger. I like Thirsties AIOs for trimness but they're aplix.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:47 PM   #3
autumn_fading
Blackbird Baby Designs
seller

We use Goodmamas and wool soakers on car rides without a problem. Just have to make sure the diaper doesn't get too wet and the soaker is well lanolized.

Blackbird Baby Designs: Handdyed yarns now stocked!

autumn_fading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:49 PM   #4
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

We only have one GM right now (well our second came in the mail today!) but we do only wear it at home....BUT, that's not because it wouldn't work otherwise......

We only wear it at home so he can go coverless and I can admire the most expensive diaper we own! LOL!
Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:51 PM   #5
southernbell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thats exactly why i got rid of all my gms, dd always wore them around the house coverless, and one day we were heading out of the house so i put a soaker on her and tried to pull her old navy fleece pants up, and couldn't get the pants all the way on her bum cause the gm was too bulky, i did love them at home though
Old 02-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #6
cakemaven
Registered Users
seller

fleece pants make awesome bulletproof covers for going out
Old 02-22-2008, 05:58 PM   #7
Mama2b2Caden
seller

My Mood:

Oh I love it- dont get me wrong, I just need more of them to make sense, you know? His normal clothes and covers dont fit over them so I need a stash of them that would work for when we are at home and in wool.

I bet it would be a great night time diaper!I am getting a wool knit nightgown soon from a mama here made from the pattern Suzanne posted on her blog and I cant wait to let Caden go coverless at night in a gown- imagine the breathability!!!

I do have a thirsties AIO and I love it- good idea, thanks!
Lisa Rene: Grateful, Gentle, Single Mama to my Dream Come True, Caden Isaac born 12-18-07: Still Nursing and still Rear Facing! I'm BACK in School! Earning a 2nd Degree as a Registered Nurse!But would rather be
Old 02-22-2008, 05:58 PM   #8
Mama2b2Caden
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemaven View Post
fleece pants make awesome bulletproof covers for going out
How does that work? when they get wet do you just put a new pair on them or is it like wool and if they are a little damp thats oK?
Old 02-22-2008, 05:59 PM   #9
abbycadabby
Banned

My Mood:

I'm willing to bet that this won't remain true as he grows. Do you have any wool to put over it?
abbycadabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:03 PM   #10
marymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i don't find my GM's bulky on either of my babes, but they are 2 yrs and 11 months. i bet as he grows it will fit better and be less bulky. and all we use is wool.