Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2008, 09:09 AM   #21
Bee Green Naturals
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Haha, I just realized...

That is pretty funny. I have two large 25 oz. cans still that I'll never use but they will be listed soon for free. Guess I'd feel guilty taking a stores $ when I didn't buy it there. (Just like I don't sell it on Ebay like the hundreds of people who do, many who work the system and makes me sick.) But hey.. to each is own.. it's not necessarily wrong so not condeming ya. I just couldn't do it. Even with me totally in debt too from all my GM, Loveybums, and wool purchases lately.

I am a criminal justice grad and previous officer.. can ya tell.

Advertisement

Old 02-24-2008, 09:10 AM   #22
Midwife@heart
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumtotwoboys View Post
I don't know if it's so much stealing, but more of a good conscience thing... I've always donated mine to women in need or given it to friends who FF. I couldn't in good conscience return it somewhere for money... That's just me.
That makes 100% sense to me, the stealing part for sure doesn't.
Midwife@heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #23
jessisaurusRARR
Sarcasm or Cake? Choose wisely.
seller

My Mood:

I know there will be differing opinions on this, and that is what makes the world go 'round so to speak.

It doesn't bother my conscience because corporations rape the national economy and exploit other countries by abusing different loopholes in trade laws.

$34 to Wal-Mart or Similac is nothing and to be honest if it was $34 million it STILL wouldn't make much of a difference in the big picture for profits for most of these companies.

I'm not "justifying" it to anyone, because if you feel it's wrong, then, to you, it is not acceptable no matter what. That's your perogative.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:18 AM   #24
kidpsych2be
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessisaurusRARR View Post
I know there will be differing opinions on this, and that is what makes the world go 'round so to speak.

It doesn't bother my conscience because corporations rape the national economy and exploit other countries by abusing different loopholes in trade laws.

$34 to Wal-Mart or Similac is nothing and to be honest if it was $34 million it STILL wouldn't make much of a difference in the big picture for profits for most of these companies.

I'm not "justifying" it to anyone, because if you feel it's wrong, then, to you, it is not acceptable no matter what. That's your perogative.
amen sister.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:19 AM   #25
eskiqt21
Registered Users

My Mood:

Walmart will accept anything back...besides my husbands bb gun that turned out to have a broken scope. No returns on bb guns at all, grrr, $100 down the drain and it is just sitting in our laundry room.

You probably should have kept the formula for just in case. You just never know what will happen and you might need the formula.
eskiqt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:25 AM   #26
Midwife@heart
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskiqt21 View Post
You probably should have kept the formula for just in case. You just never know what will happen and you might need the formula.
That's the worst mistake someone who is trying to bf could make. If something were to happen and the formula was indeed needed, then almost every store in every city sells them.
Midwife@heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:26 AM   #27
CakeMama
Registered Users
seller

Just because they will accept it, doesn't mean it's the right thing to do...
CakeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:26 AM   #28
aidensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I donated mine to the women's shelter, that seemed a more appropriate thing to me since I didn't pay for the formula in the first place.....but each to her own, glad you have cloth diapering money.
You may strive to be like them but seek not to make them like you."
-- Kahlil Gibran
aidensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:29 AM   #29
Corey3739
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskiqt21 View Post
That line of thinking is exactly why the formula companies send out their "breasfeeding success" packages. If a mama has formula in her house and starts to have an issue with BFing, it's much easier to make a bottle than to fix the problem, so the mama may end up ffing (to the tune of a $1000+ profit for the formula company). Anyway, it's not like formula is hard to find/get if she should end up needing it.

ANyway, I think there's a bit of good in trading mass produced formula to a box store for cash and then spending that cash on a WAHM item
Old 02-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #30
ashleymelynn
Nanipoo Lover <3
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey3739 View Post
That line of thinking is exactly why the formula companies send out their "breasfeeding success" packages. If a mama has formula in her house and starts to have an issue with BFing, it's much easier to make a bottle than to fix the problem, so the mama may end up ffing (to the tune of a $1000+ profit for the formula company). Anyway, it's not like formula is hard to find/get if she should end up needing it.

ANyway, I think there's a bit of good in trading mass produced formula to a box store for cash and then spending that cash on a WAHM item
i made this mistake & now have a serious similac sensitive addiction
My ISO thread
ashleymelynn is offline   Reply With Quote