Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2008, 12:23 PM   #171
Knittinkninja
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: i just want to ask...why only when its medical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugaboo Bottoms View Post
I beg to differ.
Nothing is easier than holidng a fully fed baby while he or she drifts off to sleep in your arms looking like the angel they are....nothing....
Awww... You just gave me chills and almost made me cry.

Advertisement

Old 02-27-2008, 12:27 PM   #172
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittinknija View Post
And I didn't say you said they were stupid, just that what they thought was stupid. I agree that the assumption is unfair. I just hate the term "stupid."

I promise, I'm not always this argumentative. Well, maybe I am. But I still like all of you!
Semantics aside, you can see my point.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:28 PM   #173
Knittinkninja
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
Semantics aside, you can see my point.
Yes.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:28 PM   #174
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I suppose that's possible, but it didn't come off that way to me. And I can't help but think it wouldn't come off that way to other women to ff.
And I fully think that is because if a person already feels bad, guilty, remorse, or whatever for something and someone brings it up- it makes them feel that it's being pointed out, in neon. kwim? Not just specifically talking about you, in particular - but people in general. It's a thing we all deal with... a quote I use on another board is as follows (and is quite appropos for this thread):

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent".
Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 02-27-2008, 12:34 PM   #175
Knittinkninja
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonphishers View Post
And I fully think that is because if a person already feels bad, guilty, remorse, or whatever for something and someone brings it up- it makes them feel that it's being pointed out, in neon. kwim? Not just specifically talking about you, in particular - but people in general. It's a thing we all deal with... a quote I use on another board is as follows (and is quite appropos for this thread):

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent".
Eleanor Roosevelt

Exactly. When I finally quit trying to bf, I had to completely stop looking at any bf-related boards because I was just too touchy. And apparently I'm still a smidge touchy.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:36 PM   #176
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Exactly. When I finally quit trying to bf, I had to completely stop looking at any bf-related boards because I was just too touchy. And apparently I'm still a smidge touchy.
It's okay we all are about something * don't start talking to me about how divorce ruins children
Old 02-27-2008, 12:39 PM   #177
Knittinkninja
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonphishers View Post
It's okay we all are about something * don't start talking to me about how divorce ruins children
Aw, hun. I'm a child of divorced parents and I am SO not ruined.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #178
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I still harbor a lot of guilt for not BFing more than 4 mths with my older two DDs(I was given some very bad advice by their Pedi)
they kept getting thrush and I was told I didn't need to be treated after over 3 mths of thrush and horrible diaper yeast rashes i stopped BFing and went to formula.
However I'm not one of those moms who's FFed and gets upsets and defends why I stop BFing whenever BFing is brought up. I'm actually one of those Militant BFers who thinks that every mother who's given birth and keeping the baby should try to BF(very few medications are not compatible with BFing ,chemo being on reason a mother can not BF,being HIV positive but I've heard even then some HIV + moms can BF,or metabolic issues in the newborn which prevents them from getting BM(PKU,etc)
Honestly I wish I had known some militant BFers over 12 and 10 yrs ago and maybe i would have nursed my older two longer.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:17 PM   #179
goodgirrl79
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
Wow. I don't post here much, but I couldn't read this thread without saying something. Choosing not to breastfeed doesn't make anyone a bad mother, and it never will. It sounds like you're a fantastic mommy. I wish you all the best.
Totally agree! though I think many mamas are misinformed and not given the support they need. Try working on your breast issues before LO is born(seek counseling to deal with the rape), it will help the experience be better.

ISO: Cute applique wool soakers M
goodgirrl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:13 PM   #180
Calideedle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
My problem wasn't with you saying the assumption is false, but rather that the assumption is "stupid." FF moms can get rather worked up and are on the defensive a lot. A lot of the guilt stems from feelings of inadequacy as a mother for not b******. I've never seen someone say "you're a bad mom for f******" either, but that doesn't mean is stupid for someone to believe that other people are judging her. There's a lot of stuff people think or believe that they wouldn't be willing to say out loud or write, but that doesn't mean it's not true. That being said, again, I don't think most b****** moms look down on f****** moms. But some do, even if they don't say it. Someone in this thread earlier said she wished they'd lock up formula so it wasn't available. She didn't outwardly say "you're a bad mom for f******," but she certainly implied that she looked down at moms who did. Obviously, she's a minority in her opinion, but it's there.

I'm not saying treat f****** moms with kid gloves, but try imagining you couldn't bf for some reason. How would you feel about some of the not-so-nice things said on this thread and others? Before my experience, I thought it was pretty lame that some women wouldn't breastfeed or wouldn't breastfeed for long, but now that I've experienced what it's like to not have that part of motherhood work out, I'm a little more understanding. NOT that most women aren't understanding, but some aren't, and it hurts when you either are or have struggled with this issue.
I did not want to come back to this thread because these kinds of threads
are posted just to make drama.

Anyway, yeah some FFing Moms are judged and SUPRISE BFing Moms are too - shocking right?

Have you been kicked out of a public place for feeding your child? (looked down on)

Has someone told you "Ewww, my dinner is ruined now because of that" while you are feeding your child at a resturant?

Trust me I can go on and on and on with those examples! Just because every once in awhile one of these insanly stupid threads is posted and BS links are posted to try and prove some point DOES NOT MEAN you are being looked down on! Because someone says formula should be by RX only DOES NOT MEAN she is calling you a bad mother. She is saying Formula is handed out and shoved in everyones face and THAT needs to stop! Stop assuming.

And for the record I went through H*LL BFing my first. It was insane but Formula was not and is not an option for me. I hate formula and formula companys - THAT DOES NOT MEAN I HATE YOU OR THINK YOU ARE A HORRID MOTHER AND YOUR CHILD SHOULD STARVE!

Just had to write that because these threads p*ss me off.

Off to play with my kids

Last edited by Calideedle; 02-27-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Calideedle is offline   Reply With Quote