Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2008, 09:42 PM   #31
mom2madison06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: i just want to ask...why only when its medical?

I don't even think it has to be something where "there are exceptions." That implies you need to justify your parenting choices to someone else. And you don't, honey. You made a choice for your child, and you are both happy and healthy. Nothin' wrong with that! I BF'ed, and yeah, I'm glad I did. But it's hard, and it's not the right choice for everyone. Kudos. And remember (excluding issues of legality), you're the only one who needs to be okay with your parenting choices.

Advertisement

Old 02-24-2008, 09:45 PM   #32
brigadoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dirty ashley, i love you
Old 02-24-2008, 09:55 PM   #33
MamaOf3Cuties
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

awwwwwwwwwwww.... ashley love you so much - you're such a good friend to all that love you and know you - foo on those other mamas (for lack of a better word that you know i love to use) tell them to kya
Old 02-24-2008, 09:57 PM   #34
onlygirl
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2madison06 View Post
I don't even think it has to be something where "there are exceptions." That implies you need to justify your parenting choices to someone else. And you don't, honey. You made a choice for your child, and you are both happy and healthy. Nothin' wrong with that! I BF'ed, and yeah, I'm glad I did. But it's hard, and it's not the right choice for everyone. Kudos. And remember (excluding issues of legality), you're the only one who needs to be okay with your parenting choices.
i want to nominate this post for best post of the day. this was the best supportive advice i have seen anyone give all day here.
onlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:00 PM   #35
SMKelley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our family is personally "pro" breastfeeding. With that said, I find it rude, degrading and a bit intrusive to "insist" that women breastfeed!

DO NOT SELL TO ME!
SMKelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #36
ashleymelynn
Nanipoo Lover <3
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenifer View Post
IMO, as a CLWing mama, and DEF pro bfing, as mom, do what is best for you and your baby, your job is to FEED the baby, no matter what the source. In the end, he needs a mom that LOVES him, and he could prob sense that you were comfortable having him at the breast. mama, you need to take care of yourself and if that means, no bfing, THATS fine! i totally know what you mean by the thread putting you on the verge of tears mama
all to often mamas get rude and waaay to judgemental..

sorry if my post doesnt make much sense, still havent passed these kidney stones. ugh ugh ugh
mama, hugs for you with your kidney stones!!!

D-Ash, you can call or text me anytime. I was really hurt by that post, too
My ISO thread
ashleymelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #37
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey Ashley!
FF is not an issue in my mind. Seriously. Yes, I prefer to bf, and I do wish all kids would be able to, but when there's a legit reason...gosh...ff! Seriously, I've never seen people make such a big deal about things. But I guess you get that with everything! You have people who are extreme for bf, or ff, or abortion, or prolife, or vacinations, non vancinations, circumsion, non-circumsion...etc. The list goes on. People are passionate about what they believe.
You did what YOU had to do!

And honestly...I know this is off topic a little...but HUGE kuddo's to you and the other mama's who have been raped and KEPT the child! Seriously! You are such a strong person and made a wonderful decision!!! I you! Please don't let people upset you about the decisions ~you~ had to make for ~your~ child!

Last edited by myall4him2; 02-24-2008 at 10:02 PM.
myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #38
mama2cody
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ash! You are a great mom, and you should NEVER feel bad for using formula. I do feel bad that you felt you had to share such a personal and traumatic experience so people will understand WHY you use formula. It is no one's business. I thank you for sharing that story though, and I hope it opens some eyes as to why breastfeeding is just not an option for everyone.
mama2cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:43 PM   #39
vickieboggs
Registered
seller

My Mood:

with my dd I found bf so hard and I quit after 5 days.....I cried everytime I bf her and I hated it....once I decided to switch I felt like such a better mom....anyone could feed her so I got more free time and I was more rested and it worked for us and both baby and I were happy and to this day she is a smart happy girl. With my son I am bf and have been now for 5+months and it works for us.....I have a different situation now.....so I don't think it matters so much as that you do what is right for you !!!!

Lots of WOOLIES for sale, knit, crochet, shorties and longies
vickieboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:38 AM   #40
lulusmom
Keepin' it Crunchy!
seller

My Mood:

I'm gonna post and probably get flamed. I'm a huge bf'ing advocate. HUGE. Ginormous. I think formula should be illegal. I really do. It should be illegal to have formula sold over the counter at every store. It should be illegal to send checks in the mail, advertise in sale papers and television, and pass out coupons. I think the only way to get formula should be through the doc by prescription. It is a substitute for human milk, and as a substitute will never be as good as the real thing. Can your lo live off it and grow? Sure. Your teenager can live off coke and cheetos too, but admittedly it isn't the healthiest option out there. However, is your situation medical? Sure it is. Emotional damage worthy of seeing a psychiatrist or therapist for is just as worthy as a physical problem; both would prevent you from breastfeeding without medical help. That said, I do think you would benefit greatly from therapy, just as someone with a physical problem would benefit from medical help. Hopefully you will find some healing and be able to bf your next lo.

Helen-Natural birthing, extended bf'ing, cosleeping, non-vaxxin' mama to Holly Lu 8/18/07
lulusmom is offline   Reply With Quote