Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2006, 11:40 PM   #1
Genna
Registered Users

Unhappy Anybody else overdue??

Well as of Sunday I will be 13 days overdue! Never in a million years did I think I'd go this long, especcially when my DS came 1.5 weeks EARLY. I am just so exhausted and miserable and it feels like its never going to end. I have an induction set for Tuesday, and I'm dreading it. I have been completely anti-induction this whole pregnancy, so of course this would happen. I've been 4 centimeters dialated and over 50% effaced for atleast 3 weeks now, with bouts of painful contractions that end up stopping after a few hours. I'm hoping they will just break my water and I can avoid any drugs- I am really hoping for an NCB, been preparing this whole pregnancy, so hopefully that won't be ruined for me. Just wanted to vent a bit and see if anybody else is or has been in my shoes!

Advertisement

Genna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 05:04 AM   #2
cblurose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anybody else overdue??

I've had to be induced with my last three so I know exactly what you are going through. Have you tried any natural inductions yet?
cblurose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:01 AM   #3
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't been overdue, but I wanted to say good luck to you on Tuesday! I hope you have a healthy baby

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:06 AM   #4
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow! I'm sure your miserable being that overdue (((BIG HUGS))) I hope your baby comes on it's own first! Good luck!

I was induced with my second DD and it was acually a pleasurable experience.

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:21 AM   #5
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I was late with my ds ~ my due date was 1-29 an I had him 3-03, seriously. In the end we figured he was actually only about 2 weeks o'due (orig. due date of 2-14). I ended up going into labor the morning of my scheduled induction.

With my dd I had to be induced early and it was a horrible expierence. I think mainly because my body was not ready, I was not thinned or dilated at all so they had to force it from stage one.

This time I am getting induced tomorrow morning ~ 1 week early due to positioning. I am anticipating it going a bit more smoothly because I am thinned and dilated and have been getting some pretty bad contractions.

Wishing you the best of luck and just because you are induced does not mean you will need any drugs.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:24 PM   #6
huggerwocky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would only get induced if there was a medical reason....elsewise, it might seem otherwise, but it WILL come out
huggerwocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:05 AM   #7
Adamsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

(((HUGS)))) I was overdue with both of mine--but not by that much. With DS2 at my 41 week appt they checked me and I was 3cm and had contractions all day. That night we tried Bding just to see if that would help--and it did. DS was born 9 hrs later. I hope it happens soon for you.