Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-26-2006, 09:46 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Tell me about a day in the life of a 3 yr. old

Hi mamas:

I am contemplating taking in another foster child. Actually, I have made the decision but am just kicking around the age. I would love another baby but my princess is very clingy and I wouldn't want to take away from her so I have decided against that. I am leaning towards a 3-4 year old. I would be utilizing part time daycare as well.

What is a day like with a three year old? It has been a long time. What do they eat, sleeping patterns, napping, PL, etc. Anything you care to share that you feel would be helpful would be appreciated.

Lisa <><
mom to Christian 4/21/98 & foster babies princess pea 6/17/06 & baby bean 7/5/06 back in my arms 10/9/06 I LOVE FOSTERING
christiansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 10:42 AM   #2
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
My Mood:
Re: Tell me about a day in the life of a 3 yr. old 3-year-old is almost 4 (in November). He's at such a fun and easy (to me) age!!

He's very into his imagination, and starting to be into "boy" toys vs. baby toys. He loves little things like army men, his Buzz Lightyear, etc. He's also very into learning things like sign language, writing, drawing, etc.

My 3-almost-4-year-old still naps, but I think he might be in the minority. He takes one nap about 1 1/2 hours a day. He is fully PLed. He's also a great help! He loves to pick out Cam's diapers, play with Camden, etc.

He "eats" whatever we eat. But, I use that term loosely. He's in a very, very picky stage right now. He loves breakfast foods, yogurt, applesauce, fruit, carrots, toast, cheese (but not white--he won't eat white food), etc.

I really am loving this age! He's also starting pre-school (on Tuesday )--it's 2 times a week for 2 1/2 hours each time. He's totally jazzed about the idea, it's mommy that's having a hard time!

Good luck!!
masonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:16 AM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Tell me about a day in the life of a 3 yr. old

my DD just turned 3 in July. A very interesting stage!!!

*Everything is "I will do it myself!", she can dress herself.
**She has been using the potty since May. Very few accidents.
She is also very independent, but always has been. She gets very irritated with strangers poking at her, the whole "you're so cute" thing gets on her nerves very quickly unless she is trying for attention.
*She likes to play shy.
*A very picky eater with a small appetite. She is tall and thin for her age. Again, she always has been.
*Loves to color, draw, etc. any hands on activity
*Loves to help around the house to "help" mommy, but hates cleaning on her own...for example Picking up her toys
*Takes a nap a couple times a week, but we require her to lay quietly on her bed while her younger sister takes a nap. She does pretty good with this.
*She sleeps about 9 hours a night, but occasionally does "catch-up" sleep where she will sleep 12-13 hours (if her sister is quiet enough)

Hope this helps. If you have any questions...ask away
Loving wife to DH and mama to Emma 07/06/03 Rissa 09/22/04
and Jaida 10/10/07
jkelstaten is offline   Reply With Quote