Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2006, 10:07 AM   #1
hollyhobby30
Registered Users
seller

Pics of your hs area or areas~

We do school at the kitchen table, in the family room, in our bedroom and in the girls room (all over the house basically) or on the road or outside but here are a couple areas we designated just for hsing.

This is my 5 yo dd area. We have a program that gives us what we need to change over the bulletin board theme every 2 weeks. She is learning about visual instructions in her Paces for the 1st 2 weeks. I have a TON of posters coming so I'll update after those arrive. I bought about 20 on ebay for a great price.

This is just one of our Hsing shelves...

This is my area along with where we keep my 10 yo dd's schoolwork and keys...

Advertisement

Last edited by hollyhobby30; 08-26-2006 at 06:43 PM.
hollyhobby30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:37 AM   #2
itsmelanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pics of your hs area or areas~

Wow, that looks great!

Ours is scattered all over the house. We have somehow managed to acquire a huge amount of HS stuff so I've been pulling it out and putting it in bins by grade. I have prek, k, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stuff. We're currently using 3rd and K. My plan was to label the bins and put them in the attic so that when we need to move forward, we can just pull out the bin we need.

I so desperately want a dedicated homeschool space and we just don't have it in this house. We use the kitchen table, and I do have drawers and shelves that keep their student workbooks. I have another bookshelf that I'm turning into a dedicated homeschool stuff shelf. That will certainly help. Right now I feel bogged down in STUFF.

Anyway ... my stuff is WAY too messy right now to share pics. SIGH. Maybe if I got OFF the computer and actually started working on it ...
itsmelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:26 PM   #3
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

Wow Holly!! You are so organized!! That is awesome!! lol

Melanie, lol, you sound alot like me!!! I have so much STUFF!!! Yikes, it has taken over the house. We have recently built an actual classroom....as soon as I finish getting it together I will get some pics.

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:43 PM   #4
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:

this is the "prek" area, that is all that is photographable right now unless an empty desk for my 3rd grader, and my desk well its a desaster area at the moment. its all a process we should of started weeks ago but we desided to focus more on fun stuff vrs work.I have a little wire backers rack that I put all her workbooks on but I keep that ne t to my desk or see messes around with it. Our area is small but it works

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...a/100_8124.jpg
Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:48 PM   #5
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

OK I officially need a homeschooling nook!

As of right now, we keep all our books in a wal mart rolling cart, and the kids bring them out, spread them all over the house, and put them back at the end of the day.
Mamalilac, where did you get that desk from?
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 02:42 PM   #6
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got the desk from My Aunt (her sisters are Teachers) it is an older desk they have carvings on them like Snoop dog rulz and stuff some day I will refinish them because there nice and sturdy I have two of them (the other one is painted gold on top so its the princess desk in the girly room) and have 4 of the school chairs (we don't hav a dinning set so we use those for the girls in the kitchen its classy ) they are high school sized but my toddler has no problem with them and its cute to watch her swing her feet when she draws my older dd uses a computer alot with her schooling so she uses a student computer desk, however her pc broke and we are waiting for the replacement no fun to take a pic of an empty desk lol. we also added a little toddler table yesturday because my 1 year old was feeling left out she sat and colored for the first time I got a pic of that too I will try to upload that later.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:01 PM   #7
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG!! Holly I just noticed we have the SAME DESK!! mine is such a mess I didnt even notice it because I never see the top of mine.. I HATE that my desk alwasy seems to be the cetch-all so I just showed my family that pic and I said my desk better look like that all the time and im making everyone take there junk away
Old 08-26-2006, 03:17 PM   #8
hollyhobby30
Registered Users
seller

That's funny Michelle! I got it at Wally World last year. I did find out you don't want to accidently stick tape on the top of it cause the coating peels right off when you try to unstick the tape!
hollyhobby30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:58 PM   #9
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh yes mine is very patchy haha, when I was still doing my wahm stuff I did all my shipping here
Old 08-26-2006, 05:02 PM   #10
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

haha we have the same blue rocking char too (i assume that is it the bule chair by the book shelf)