Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
kulaswifeandmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help! I need information regarding delaying starting cows milk!!

I am still nursing my 1 year old DD. She nurses about 6-8 times a day still, so I really don't think she needs cows milk. My husband and I had it out last night because he gave her a cup of milk and i was like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" and he was like, "I'm giving her milk..she's one now, she can have it!"

To make a long story short, he said he'd give it to her when I wasn't looking, I cried, and he finally said that he wouldn't give her any. But he needs a GOOD reason why she doesn't need it.. because me NOT wanting her to have it isn't a good enough reason..

So if anyone has any links to anything about this.. I would be so very grateful if you'd send them my way!!

Advertisement

& Emris (6/27/11) Pregnant with #5, a boy! Due 11/10/14
kulaswifeandmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
Toby_99833
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help! I need information regarding delaying starting cows milk!!

http://www.alphaomegafood.com/cow-milk.htm

I cannot attest to the credibility of the website, but it does have a lot of info on it that I do know to be true (being lactose intolerant myself).

Some people can drink milk and be just fine. I am not against dairy products in general (I loves me some cheese ), but dairy can cause diarrhea , cramping, respiratory and heart issues. The big thing is that dairy products produce mucus. This coats the entire esophagus, stomach, intestines, etc. One big issue that this causes in the intestines is that if you are not getting enough fiber in your diet and high levels of mucusy foods is that it will start to putrefy and rot and you cannot get it off easily. It is like tarter on your teeth. You can brush it off when it is just plaque, but once it becomes tarter you need a dentist to get it off. This putrefied coating releases toxins into your body and can cause you to get ill.
I don’t know how extreme you want to take it but you can also do research on how bad the dairy industry is and point to the high levels of feces and puss and growth hormones there are in milk.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:39 AM   #3
onlygirl
Banned

My Mood:

seems to me that the milk is supposed to replace forumula, or breastmilk, the big deal with milk is the calcium which she is getting in the milk already right?? the protien and calcium is the big push on milk. seems to me she gets enough of that in the breastmilk. so she really doesnt need it be he is right she can have it.
onlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:06 PM   #4
kulaswifeandmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby_99833 View Post
http://www.alphaomegafood.com/cow-milk.htm

I cannot attest to the credibility of the website, but it does have a lot of info on it that I do know to be true (being lactose intolerant myself).

Some people can drink milk and be just fine. I am not against dairy products in general (I loves me some cheese ), but dairy can cause diarrhea , cramping, respiratory and heart issues. The big thing is that dairy products produce mucus. This coats the entire esophagus, stomach, intestines, etc. One big issue that this causes in the intestines is that if you are not getting enough fiber in your diet and high levels of mucusy foods is that it will start to putrefy and rot and you cannot get it off easily. It is like tarter on your teeth. You can brush it off when it is just plaque, but once it becomes tarter you need a dentist to get it off. This putrefied coating releases toxins into your body and can cause you to get ill.
I donít know how extreme you want to take it but you can also do research on how bad the dairy industry is and point to the high levels of feces and puss and growth hormones there are in milk.

Now I don't even want to drink milk!! YUCK!! Feces and puss in milk?? Makes me want to hurl!!!!
& Emris (6/27/11) Pregnant with #5, a boy! Due 11/10/14
kulaswifeandmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:42 PM   #5
karmamama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well...it's not scientific of anything, but I'd reckon she doens't need cow milk because she isn't a cow

Check out http://www.milksucks.com/index2.asp under the for your helath section. Although in my mind, any of the other reasons are pertinant, too.
karmamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #6
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmamama View Post
well...it's not scientific of anything, but I'd reckon she doens't need cow milk because she isn't a cow

Check out http://www.milksucks.com/index2.asp under the for your helath section. Although in my mind, any of the other reasons are pertinant, too.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:58 PM   #7
mother_04_07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

watching for more information
6/02 ~ 7/02~ 12/03 9/04 Born @ 38.0w LifeFlight/NICU/IA defect Surgery #1@3days old,#2 2/06, #3 11/09,#4 6/10,#5 8/10
7/2007born emergency c-section @39.0wIn STOCK Mama Cloth & PAST WORK
mother_04_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:02 PM   #8
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No human ever needs cows milk. My son is lactose intolerant anyways, so he doesn't get any. But yeah... there's no reason for milk. She needs the fats and calcium found in milk, both of which can be found plenty of other places as well.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #9
krickison
Registered Users
seller

[QUOTE=karmamama;2884956]well...it's not scientific of anything, but I'd reckon she doens't need cow milk because she isn't a cow

Old 02-26-2008, 09:11 PM   #10
isabelsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmamama View Post

My dd is 2 and hasn't had cow milk (she is still nursing also)~ she gets plenty of dairy from cheese, yogurt, etc. My ped is in no way concerned with her getting cow milk, as long as she gets protein in her diet also, which she does.