Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2006, 09:58 AM   #11
amyers
Registered Users
seller

Re: I think I hate Pockets...

I find that If the insert gets too soaked, anything will leak, wherever it can. We're dealing with a "leaking out the top" issue right now too. . . A couple times the insert was barely wet. I'm experimenting with which pockets it happens in (I think it might be one specific one. . . Maybe we have buildup or something).

But overall, we love our pockets. You might want to try some different inserts before completely giving up! Our favorites have been a combination of microfiber (to absorb quickly) and hemp (to absorb the elephant sized pees). (Just got some baby kicks hemparoos fleecy prefolds and they work AWESOME . . . They hold a ton)

Good luck! And don't give up yet, you'll find something that works well. And then there will be something new you NEED to try anyway

Advertisement

Old 05-05-2006, 10:14 AM   #12
MyLil'Mountaineers
Registered Users
Formerly: my2sons
seller

I have the same problem with pockets only it's on a 7 month-18pounder. I don't know if he just pees so much that it can't hold or what. I have ditched my onesies and usually don't put pants on him when he's in pockets. I also can ONLY use Drybees and 1 black HH (tried several HH and this one is the only one that works....strange and I don't know why) stuffed with microfiber towels (tri folded) from Wal-mart. I get SO frustrated with my pockets that I have stopped using them unless it's laundry day or I know he'll be pooping soon.

My only advice because I hate them too is try a microfiber towel. I get the heavy duty ones that come in the pack of 3 for $4. Just don't wash them the first time with your dipes.....the colors will run. Other than that, I don't know. I'm going to be watching this thread for other advice, though!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:21 AM   #13
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Hmmmm....I dont know what to tell you mama. The only thing that I can suggest is try a different insert? I use Wonderfulls, cottonbabies OS, and MOE and never really had any problems with my pockets, and they make up more than half of my stash! GL!!
Old 05-05-2006, 12:09 PM   #14
Bridym
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It very well could just be the fit. I use pockets exclusivley on my 20 month old and rarely have a problem unless I forget to change his diaper, or he drinks a tune and soaks the insert before I can get it changed.
I do find that some of the pockets that are big on him will leak a lot sooner then the ones that have a really great fit.

Maybe just put them away for a week or two and see if you continue having problems once your baby gains a couple extra pounds.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:12 PM   #15
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

I hate pockets too so I can't really help ya. they always leak out the back for me, where the pocket is.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:15 PM   #16
akrab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't do pockets either.... they never worked for my ds no matter what brand I tried.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:19 PM   #17
my3punkins2005
Banned
seller

i have had great luck with fuzzi bunz never a leak we use a micro insert on top and a joeybunz on the bottom with every pocket diaper ..i also find i have to check the back of the pocket where the slit is to make sure its snug not to tight but tight enough after putting it on my son as he has a trim waist and is always on the smallest waist setting
my3punkins2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:31 PM   #18
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had bad luck w/ the small FBs at first and I think its b/c I didn't know how to stuff them properly. I was using hemp inserts and those alone. Now, I use hemp inserts w/ a microfiber towel wrap and we are in mediums FB's and the medium setting on the BunGenius and doing wonderfully! I will try CD w/a newborn again if we have another baby, but I'll do that instead of just the one insert alone. small babies can be tricky b/c they're not that "meaty" yet for the legholes. Give it another try in a few weeks and you might be surprised!

Last edited by Kelolsen-and-Padawan; 05-05-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Kelolsen-and-Padawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:46 PM   #19
ttatink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never liked pockets either. Fuzzi Bunz give my kids rashes (REALLY sensitive skin here, something about the inner on those doesn't agree with them) and I just never thought they were as easy for me to use or gauge wetness on as my prefolds and covers.
ttatink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:04 PM   #20
DEmomof2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was just about to post a very similar question about pockets...

I've been using bG on my DD since I started CDing in January and loved them. But in the past 3 weeks she's been leaking out the leg holes of them. It's usually right after I've changed her. It happens with the few HH that I have and the bGs. I stuff with either a microfiber towel trifolded or the cottonbabies insert it came with. There's no gap around her thighs either...it's like she pees so much so fast that it can't get through the suedecloth (or fleece) fast enough so it comes out. Is there something I can do to help with that? Should I put a flannel doubler on top of them??

I keep the pockets for DH. I use fitteds and wool...except for days like today....laundry day!

Thanks! I'll be watching this thread to see what everyone has to say about it.