Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2008, 04:52 AM   #1
amjbmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Car seat guru mama's..... WWYD?

I wasn't sure where to post this ? but I figured it might get more traffic here.... sorry if it should be in the parenting section ..... ok my dilema is this... my dd is 9yrs old around 68lbs and 55" tall. We have her in a Graco high back turbo booster. She fits in in comfortably but the back is in the highest postition it can be without having to remove it. She just seems so high up in the back seat (we have a 02 Ford Windstar sport minivan) and I'm wondering if it's actually safe for her to be so high up and visable vs if she wasn't in the booster seat she'ld be a bit lower in the seat. Should I just leave it as is until she outgrows the height on the booster (57" so only 2" to go) or should I take off the back of the booster and just use the seat part? but then she'ld still be as high up in the car but with no head/neck protection from the booster seat back. If she passes that 5 step "is you child ready" questionaire should I just have her sit in the car as an adult?

Advertisement

Old 02-26-2008, 07:31 AM   #2
mom2riley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Car seat guru mama's..... WWYD?

If she passes the 5 step test then she is OK to be in a regular seatbelt. She must pass all 5 steps though.
Leilani '10
mom2riley is offline   Reply With Quote