Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
paintedbison
Registered Users
seller

Lubbock moms?

We might be moving back to Lubbock... moved here two and a half years ago but lived in Lubbock four years before that. I've gotten a little crunchier as time goes on and am a little nervous about moving back.

Does anyone have any info on the following in or around Lubbock??

midwives? (any practicing in Lubbock that are unknown?)

selective vax and bfing friendly peds or family practice docs?

raw milk?

farm fresh eggs?

Advertisement

Old 02-12-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
zukeypur
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lubbock moms?

I was soooooo not crunchy when I lived there (and just barely crunchy now), but I know Dr Klepper is a great doc. We used Dr Iacoune, and I don't think he would be too keen on the selective vaxing, but I'm not sure. Good luck with your move! I know there's at least one Lubbock mama on here. I still have a house there because we intended to move back, but I think we're permanently gone. Let me know if you're interested in a house! I actually have a friend who is moving soon too and has a GREAT house for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedbison View Post
We might be moving back to Lubbock... moved here two and a half years ago but lived in Lubbock four years before that. I've gotten a little crunchier as time goes on and am a little nervous about moving back.

Does anyone have any info on the following in or around Lubbock??

midwives? (any practicing in Lubbock that are unknown?)

selective vax and bfing friendly peds or family practice docs?

raw milk?

farm fresh eggs?

Married to my hunka-hunka burnin' love, Jake,
zukeypur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:38 PM   #3
Missah78
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I personally don't like Dr. Klepper. I use Dr Brown and he's awesome about us not vaxing.

As far as raw milk there's a place in Hereford you can get it.

My midwife practices in Lubbock also. She's a GREAT woman!
Missah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:13 PM   #4
Missah78
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Raw Milk;

Hereford: Brown Cow Productions, LLC, Adam and Jennifer Jackanicz, 3945 County Road K, Hereford, TX 79045. Phone: (806) 289-5796. Email: adam@dairyvets.ag . State certified, grade A raw milk dairy. Grass fed Jersey milk, cream and butter. An hourís drive southwest of Amarillo and 1 Ĺ hours northwest of Lubbock.

As far as midwife. I wasn't really impressed with the one I had. Now the one she was learning from was AWESOME! I can't find my phone book to find her name but it was Leah. I interviewed her first and for some reason went with the other one. Leah is what made my labor awesome! She was right in the middle rubbing my back, applying counter presser while the other one was somewhere twiddling her thumbs (don't get me started)

Like I said earlier Dr. Brown is an AWESOME doc. I actually drove from Amarillo to Lubbock just to see him (well the kids). Kelsey isn't vaxed and he's fine with it. After she was born he asked me what my reasonings were for not vaxing. AND HE ACTUALLY LISTENED. He said some of my arguments were good. Some he didn't agree with but, he wasn't going to let it stand in our way. He hasn't brought it up since. I do sign a waiver every year and occasionally he will ask my position again but, he doesn't pressure us at all. Just makes sure we know the facts! He's VERY pro breastfeeding. He worked with me for 5 months while we were having issues with DD. His statement was always DON"T quit nursing but lets try this. Finally after she lost close to 3 pounds he said okay it's time we try formula but keep nursing. Even if she's not nursing for nutritional reasons keep doing it!

Now for farm fresh eggs I can't find anything and the local health food store is about a joke an a half!
Missah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #5
Radish4ever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hey! I'm in Midland, but my midwives service Lubbock and are WONDERFUL! http://www.motherlywaymaternityservices.com/ is their website. They will attend homebirths in Lubbock
Radish4ever is offline   Reply With Quote