Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2006, 05:50 PM   #1
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:
She is following directions, Yay!!

Ok this may seem kind of odd, but my almost 14 mo is starting to follow directions. I don't know if there is a time frame for this or not but I am so excited, Heck for all i know she is behind on this one. LOL She is notorious for getting into stuff even though she isn't walking yet. She gets into the pantry and pulls out boxes of cereal and helps herself. Since she started doing that I have started giving her a bowl on the floor with a few pieces of cereal. Then I started telling her that if she wants some she needs to bring it to me and get the bowl. She started actually bringing the stuff to me a few days ago. Yesterday I needed to change her diaper, which is usually such a battle. I told her to lay down and she did, w/o the battle. I have done that again several times today and she lays back and lets me change her w/o a fight. This is so exciting to me. Probably sounds boring to the rest of you.

thanks for letting me brag for a while anyway. LOL

Advertisement

Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:11 AM   #2
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: She is following directions, Yay!!

Not boring! It *is* exciting Kind of sad they're growing up, but so fun and exciting to see them develop and learn new things My littlest one is at the beginning stages of understanding/complying with directions. It's SO cute! Then they'll get a little bit older and ignore you Or at least, that's the way it is with my 2.5yo.

Congrats mama
Old 08-27-2006, 10:41 PM   #3
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls~Kain~Drake
Not boring! It *is* exciting Kind of sad they're growing up, but so fun and exciting to see them develop and learn new things My littlest one is at the beginning stages of understanding/complying with directions. It's SO cute! Then they'll get a little bit older and ignore you Or at least, that's the way it is with my 2.5yo.

Congrats mama
Yep that is how my 4 yo is, so I am going to enjoy it while it last. Especially since she also says the word uh-uh as in no. So I am sure these two will come together too soon as it is. LOL
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:18 AM   #4
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think mine are conspiring against me and they're only 2.5 and 1. Frustrating and fun/cute at the same time I wouldn't change it for the world.