Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2006, 01:42 PM   #1
Twnmom1203
Registered Users

TTC 2nd pregnancy...how do you know you're ready?

I was wondering how you do it? Not literally b/c I obviously know that but here's my gig. The boys are growing so fast that it's got me all emotional. And with them being twins, I feel bad b/c they already have to share EVERYTHING. I've always said I wanted 3-4 kids but I just think I'd feel guilty bringing another baby here. We've got some time to think about it b/c I want them to be 2.5-3 years apart. I just wondered...b/c I see people with 4, 5, 6 kids and think it's AWESOME but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's felt this way....right?

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
greeneyedambe
Registered Users
Formerly: comfycozydiapers
seller

My Mood:
Red face Re: TTC 2nd pregnancy...how do you know you're ready?

Hi there! I just notice that your sons were born on the same day as my son! And I have been asking myself the same question. I just can't imagine having to share my time with him and another baby. I feel like I would be neglecting him in a way...
Old 08-30-2006, 02:11 PM   #3
Twnmom1203
Registered Users

Re: TTC 2nd pregnancy...how do you know you're ready?

Neglecting them...yeah, that's kinda how I feel. (I sent you an add request on yahoo....)
Old 08-30-2006, 02:59 PM   #4
serena22304
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my son and daughter are 1 year 1 week apart, at first i felt very guilty for having another child so soon, but i had alot of help from dh and family so my son didnt feel left out. and i always took time to have alone time with him. there are still times that i wonder how it would be if we had waited, but the kids get along so well and that really helps.
but on another note, i just had another baby and im not getting help so ds and dd are not getting the attention they need/want and it is really getting to me. i am feeling so guilty. but i know with time things will get easier

also- i see you are i michigan- me too
im in grand rapids
serena22304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:06 PM   #5
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

Well DD will be 2.5 when this baby is born. Too late now, but I do still feel a little conflicted about it. To be honest although toddler-dom can have it's challenges, we were really starting to enjoy her growing independence. What made up our minds to go ahead and start TTC for #2 was timing really. I'm finishing up my graduate degree and while I really want to stay home with our kids as long as I can - I would also like not to have too huge a gap between finishing my program and having another child. Or just start a new job and then want to take a long maternity leave from, etc. KWIM. So it seemed better to go ahead and have a second child now and then when I felt ready to go back to work, to be able to do it knowing that if/when we decide to have a 3rd child it will be a good ways down the road.

I never really get baby fever though - even when we decided to TTC DD, it was more of a head decision than a heart thing. I was still pretty ambivalent about whether I was ready for kids. Of course I wouldn't change it now.