Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2006, 12:40 PM   #1
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've got the baby bug again!

Seriously, whats wrong with me! LOL! Amira is only 9 months old, but I have the baby bug again. I want another little one!

DH is actually on board too.... *HUGE* surprise there, as he was like no way are we having more for years to come. But he just said the other day,in casual conversation, that we should call our agency and let them know we would "not say no" to another one, just in case

So of course I did call but I doubt anything will come of it. It took us a couple years to get Amira (pre adoptive foster placement) and you cant win the lottery twice, kwim?

But, here is my question: when do you mamas start to get the baby bug again? When do you decide to do something about it? Does it ever go away? Are we going to end up with a house full of children? Celeste will seriously go on strike

Advertisement

Old 08-18-2006, 12:54 PM   #2
Watercolor Ponies
Professional, Proficient, PeeWell Procurer (or anything else you want me to stalk!)
seller

My Mood:
Re: I've got the baby bug again!

Wy is only almost 11 months, and I am dying to have another one already!! Dunno what is wrong with me, but dh is surprisingly open to the idea. Weird. and exciting!
Watercolor Ponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:14 PM   #3
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

lol, I get it when my baby is turning 2. Every time! I think this baby is the last for us, and then somedays I start doubting it....it really is too hard to put a number on it and a definite no more!! lol I am waiting to see what God has in store and let Him have the lead.

Prayers n hugs mama!!!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:39 PM   #4
sesa70
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas!

I am glad to know I am not the only one who loves having babies around

Dont get me wrong, I love them when they are older too! LOL! If I had my way, I would have one more girl and two more boys. Of course you dont get to choose but in a perfect world... well I suppose in a perfect world I would just get preggo and have as many babies as I wanted!
Old 08-18-2006, 01:47 PM   #5
cuties02q
Registered Users
seller
seller

When dd was 9 months i got it bad so we tried and i had a m/c after that it took me a long time to want another but now ds is 14 months and i want another bad but dh is not on board yet
PhotographyBlog
cuties02q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:01 PM   #6
kellypillar
Registered Users

I'd say definitely call your agency. My adopted DDs are both our former foster children, so we DID win the lottery twice, as they are both fabulous kids and both came to us within days of their births. They're four months apart, just like twins. Believe me, DS is 7 mos and I'm already thinking about "if we got pregnant now, how old would they all be when baby arrived?"

Except then I spend the morning cleaning poop off the walls from an artistic 2 year old who got bored..... and I think, "Or we could wait a little longer........."
kellypillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:06 PM   #7
ashkash
Registered Users
seller

I have it again already, and Ava's only 5.5 months. This is the earliest I've had it, lol! DH is all for ttc'ing again, as he'd prefer have a 4th (probably last) child sooner rather than later. My heart is all for going ahead with it, but then I have my days when all 3 kids are crying and it seems like the boys only know how to say "I want this" or "I need that". But then when everything calms down, I find myself with that baby itch!
#5 Due 11/2012 - It's a GIRL!

ashkash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:57 PM   #8
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 5 boys and my youngest isn't even 9 mos old yet but a lot of my friends are TTC or pregnant and it gives me the itch!! LOL 6 is a lot though and like the PP said, when they're all screaming and need me in 5 places at once it gets hard and I rethink it... LOL But if we had a bigger house right now and more $$ I'd definatly be all for TTC #6 sooner rather than later! My last 2 were conceived around their older brother's 1st b-day. Just seems to be when my body WANTS another baby!
Old 08-19-2006, 06:43 AM   #9
Kele
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've got that baby bug again, too! Hit me around 10 months this time. I just can't seem to decide if we should go for it or not - dh is totally for it!
Old 08-19-2006, 07:31 AM   #10
lavieenrose
Registered Users
seller

Well, I haven't gotten the (new) baby bug yet (my dd is 9 months, too), but I just want to keep my little one a baby for awhile. She's been walking for about a month now and it seems like every time I look at her, she's grown in some way. Can't we just keep them babies for a little longer?
lavieenrose is offline   Reply With Quote