Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2006, 11:16 AM   #1
sweetppolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
popsicle addiction/favorite foods?

My dd is seriously addicted. We live in Louisiana but she doesn't go outside much in the heat of the day. She would eat four or five a day if I would let her. I mean she is done with number two and it is only noon. She doesn't drink much; since, she quit nursing. Therefore, I give in to the pops. Any other kiddos have food faves that they seriously overdo? My oldest went through a phase when she would basically only eat yogurt and my son decided to live on cheese for a while. Children can be so fussy!

Advertisement

sweetppolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 11:21 AM   #2
LinzluvsGJ
Registered Users

Re: popsicle addiction/favorite foods?

We went through cheese... and yogurt (though I had to stop that 'cause Grace kept getting yeast rashes on her butt which were nasty and blistering if she ate more than one). Lately it has been hot dogs and cottage cheese. She thinks they're synonymous.

Though popcicles are a favorite in our house, too. I have to really limit her 'cause she would eat them like if I let her into the candy bowl. Zero self control lol. They're the sugary ones ice-pops or whatever they're called not juice ones so I don't let her have many.

Mommy to 5!
LinzluvsGJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 01:35 PM   #3
MommyMommyMommy
Registered Users
seller

My 5 y/o would eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches for every meal on every day if I let him!

For my 3 y/o it's cheese. Sliced cheese, grated cheese, melted cheese, cheese sandwiches, cheese crackers, anything cheese (feeling a little bit like Bubba Gump listing all the ways to make shrimp! )

For my 11 month old it's french toast. He can down a whole piece of french toast in about a minute flat!
MommyMommyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 02:00 AM   #4
skayers01
Registered Users

We recently went through a possicle phase as well. She's obsessed with Superman right now, and I found Superman popsicles and bought them. Now all I hear is " Mommy, I want Soomerman lollypop." -All damn day! We finally ran out and she's moved on to being totally OBSESSED with Special K cereal. She want it for breakfast luch dinner and a snack! At least it's healthy! I guess she's on the Special K Challenge! Although she still loves her Superman. She kisses the screen when she sees him and says " Soomerman soooooooo cute, Mommy!" I love her! I can't believe she's only 2 sometimes. The stuff that comes out of her mouth! LOL
Old 08-26-2006, 07:07 AM   #5
GrowingUpMad
If everyone was the same the world would be a VERY boring place.
seller

My Mood:

I personally am the popsicle addict in our home. I eat like 3-6 a day, just love them. I like all different kinds too so there is always a variety. I am lactose intolerant as are the kids so ice cream is usually only dh's treat. I'll only eat like 1 during the day but right before bed I'll have at least 2 or 3 ~ dh is always laughing at me. There is a collection of popsicle sticks every morning on my window sill.

As for my kids nothing really obsessive ever, maybe I am the only strange one.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:50 AM   #6
small_wonders_wipes
Registered Users
seller

My brother and I used to LOVE popsicles when we were little. My mom gave us a healthier alternative made from yogurt and orange juice. Just take 1/2 can of frozen concentrated orange juice and mix in a small carton of plain yogurt until they are well blended. Then freeze in popsicle molds or small containers (to eat with a spoon). I grew up on them, and I still LOVE them to this day.

~Gretchen
Mom of Sydney 19 months
small_wonders_wipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:00 AM   #7
sweetppolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love the superman story! That is so cute. I did buy a cheap pop mold; so, I can start making some juicy or smoothie ones. I did the pop thing when I was pg with #3 but not too much this time. Thanks for the ideas!
sweetppolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:57 PM   #8
laneylue+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD loooooooooves popsicles. She also loves raisins and grapes (cut up).
laneylue+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:59 PM   #9
hulkmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DS loves his popsicles right now. We were doing 100% natural and juice, but it got too expensive and he got his hands on a regular one and loved it. I've been meaning to make our own with juice, but haven't gotten around to it.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:39 PM   #10
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My youngest brother went through a hot dog phase. I swear, that's all he ate for about 5 years! LOL!

DD hasn't started that yet, but I dread the day when it begins. We try to adhere to a healthy diet, but already she's preferring her organic graham crackers to her healthy meals (she'll point to the pantry and refuse to eat what's given to her).
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote