Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2008, 07:22 AM   #1
LClaire
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
a stollen thread - SOGGY mamas come in!

This is a stollen thread from another board I visit and it's one of my all-time favorites I'm still getting email updates every so often and I just love the replies!
Here is what the original poster posted:
"Sign in here if you are too crunchy to fit in with the mainstream moms and too mainstreem to fit in with the crunchy moms!

I'm starting to feel like I don't fit in anywhere. I breastfeed, use cloth, co sleep, use signs, and obviously wear my babies but I still love my stroller, send kids to school, like hosptial births, don't think TV is evil, and admit we don't do all that well when it comes to healthy eating.
__________________"

Obviously those of us on here cd or are interested in it But I just love hearing the things that everyone does and cares about and the ways that everyone is just the norm, too - so often on here I feel like I'm so out of the loop. I'm not extreme in any way, but many of my friends(especially the unmarried or at least without kids) think I'm soooooooooooooo out there with my 'crazy" ideas!
I had a friend visiting this weekend and got a new WWB cover in the mail - it is the absolute cutest thing I've ever ever seen!!! Aqua blue fuzzy minky with a pink fleece inner and I just had to put it on DD right away. So my friend is visiting and thinks this cover is the funniest thing she's ever seen. 10 minutes later I hear her on the phone with her DH saying, "OMG you have GOT to see these funny things Lillian has! I know what we're buying for everyone as new baby presents from now on! She got these pants for Amelia that look like cookie monster and it goes over a diaper and it doesn't really do anything, but it just looks so cute and people could have these funny little costume pants for their babies!" She totally thought that I bought them just to be funny and didn't understand that the best part about them is the purpose they serve on top of the complete cuteness!

Advertisement

LClaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:52 AM   #2
sydney
Registered Users

Re: a stollen thread - SOGGY mamas come in!

I am SOGGY. We CD, make babyfood, try to be green, BF. We co sleep but not because I think it is the best way to bond with your child, it is just the only way to get sleep. I babywear, but only because I find it easier than the stroller.
sydney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:23 AM   #3
starbuckmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am in between crunchy and soggy. Some days, I feel so soggy that I am dripping wet

We cd, use homeopathic remedies, and eat fairly well. Thats all I can say about being crunchy. I used to breastfeed and baby wear but ds weaned and doesn't like the sling any more. I am looking into the Beco tho!
starbuckmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:16 PM   #4
bugaboo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I so fit in this thread...and here I thought I was the only one. I go both ways...what every works at the time I need it. Wearing is great...but sometimes a stroller is needed. CD work wonderful...but not when they have to sit in the back of your car when driving down to FL for KY. Cosleep works wonderful...but not when you are DTD...hehe. BF great...as long as you dont become a chew toy...ouch. Organics the best...as long as you can find it and afford it.

So, I am so in on this thread.
"Freedom is not Free"
bugaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:20 PM   #5
fallon
Black Sheep Boutique
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugaboo View Post
I so fit in this thread...and here I thought I was the only one. I go both ways...what every works at the time I need it. Wearing is great...but sometimes a stroller is needed. CD work wonderful...but not when they have to sit in the back of your car when driving down to FL for KY. Cosleep works wonderful...but not when you are DTD...hehe. BF great...as long as you dont become a chew toy...ouch. Organics the best...as long as you can find it and afford it.

So, I am so in on this thread.

fallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:21 PM   #6
Kaede's Mom
Registered Users

I am soggy too.
I couldnt BF because my milk never came in we just started to CD, we cosleep but like pp said it is just a way to sleep, DD starts out in her crib and then when I go to bed she comes with me. I use mostly homeopathic remedies, but we dont eat compleatly green. I want to wear her, but cant aford anything right now, we tried the slings and she hates them, I tried a friend of mines baby hawk and she loves that style. So right now she is in a stroller.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:27 PM   #7
Jenw777
Registered Users

My Mood:

I BF, co-sleep, CD, baby wear, selectivly vax, use a diva cup, buy organic/ recycled when I can, take my own bags to the stores.

BUT

I use my stroller, love me some epidurals {I'd so have a water birth if labor didn't hurt so bad}, love me a tacobell...My TV occupies my 4 yr old in the crappy weather. I buy the softest TP I can find.

So hubby thinks I'm a hippy, but I'm more soggy
Jenw777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:43 PM   #8
huntingflower
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I BF, CD, baby wear and plan on using a diva cup or maybe mamapads once I start a normal cycle again (have a two month old). We buy as much organic as financially able and available. Shop locally as much as possible. I will be making my own baby food. Try to limit electricity and water usage, would love to live off the grid! Don't use pesticides, grow my own herbs but have yet to do a garden.

But I am with others who like to use a stroller once in a while (ever go to the mall and try to try something on while a child is tied to your chest?), had hospital births and would never even think about doing it at home. I love meat, I dye my hair, shave/wax almost my entire body and I love going to the movies and my children do watch tv and play video games etc etc.

I am an inbetweener. My husband made a comment to a friend of his the other day that I would love to live in a tree house with the monkeys. (which would be really cool!) haha It had me laughing.
huntingflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:59 PM   #9
sarahrichardson
Registered Users

Yah! I can go with this. I use natural cleaners, try to choose organic, plan to cd, bf, natural birth my baby. I recycle like crazy, avoid plastics when possible. I want to babywear.

However, I love Dr. Pepper, hit a drive through once and a while, will have an epidural on hold since I have no idea what I am getting myself into, and am not going to shrivel up and die if bf doesn't work out. I will use my stroller and I work in the public schools where my daughter will attend.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #10
nothingtosee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Soggy here! We cd most of the time, but whenever my mom watches ds for any amount of time she immediately puts him in disposables, says she's too old for cloth. Since I live in my mother's house again, there is a tv in every room, and even though I despise television, we do end up watching it. Ds and I are vegetarians, but I don't eat very well. My crunchy parts are that we breastfeed, cosleep (cuz it's really cold), spend time outdoors, and don't allow my baby to have soda. You would not believe how many people think it's odd that I don't want him having coolaid and pop "like the rest of the kids."
nothingtosee is offline   Reply With Quote