Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2006, 06:19 PM   #1
hapi2help
Registered Users

My Mood:
What is your wipe set-up?

OK, so I am CDing now but haven't looked into wipes yet. I was so overwhelmd with the dipes, I could not think of adding any confusion.

What do you use?
WHo makes them?
What do you store them in? (I have a warmer still in box, would love to use)
What solution/liquid is on them?

You can wash with your dipes, the same way, right? How many should I get? I have a 13 mo who poops once a day, if that, so we aren't dealing with much more than pee-pee. He sometimes gets a little rash-y on his bum(crack specifically, sorry tmi)..........I know I can't use dipe cream(store bought) so any suggestion on that too.

TIA!!!! You all are the best!!!!! Your is VERY appreciated!!!

Advertisement

Old 08-28-2006, 07:05 PM   #2
johnjulieslove3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Post Re: What is your wipe set-up?

I have a warmer... I then have a TON of wipes from SMJAE

I wet just enough wipes for the day and put them in the warmer... use them as needed and add more in the evening or when I am getting close to being out. That way they don't get funky in there and they are always nice and fresh...

I also have wafers and stuff, but as of yet, i haven't used them...
johnjulieslove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:21 PM   #3
lutgen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is your wipe set-up?

I don't have any cute wipes... yet

What I use and have since before I ever thought to CD is baby wash clothes or just fabric that I cut up. I always have washed them... it is funny I went the opposite way - Cloth wipes first, the Cloth Diapers....

I had a pail that I put them in and soaked the poopy ones before washing and then washed with a prewash and then on a sanitary wash with other towels.

now I just put them in the diaper pail and off we go...

oh I forgot to add - they are in a drawer in a plastic thing right outside my bathroom (the one for our bedroom) and I just grab one and wet it with water before I lay her down to change her. So just water. With a really bad poopy - I just wash her in the sink.

Last edited by lutgen; 08-28-2006 at 08:09 PM.
lutgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:25 PM   #4
Luvmybabies
My two cuties :)
sitesupporter
seller

My entire wipe stash is from cathiasplace (in the WAHM forum here). I have 2 dozen velour/sherpa and 2 dozen sherpa/sherpa. I also have 2 dozen travel sized velour/sherpa ones.

I keep the wipes in a drawer below the diaper cabinet, grab a few when I grab a clean dipe. I have a spray bottle with Dixie Drops wipe solution mixed in it. I either wet the wipes in warm water and then spray them or just spray them with the Dixie Drops. Then leave the wipes in the dipe and throw them all in the pail
Old 08-28-2006, 07:35 PM   #5
halyled
Registered Users
seller

I have a bunch of baby-sized washcloths (gerber, I think). I started mixing up a wipe solution and pouring it into a wipe warmer over the wipes, but DS only poops once a day now if that, so they weren't getting used all that often and after a couple of days would smell musty. So...I just mixed up a big batch of the solution and stored it in a pitcher, then I've been filling a peri bottle with some of the solution to squirt on the wipes, and I just keep the dry wipes stacked up next to the peri bottle (I use 2 stacking bins for my stash, top holds wipes and solution, bottom holds dipes, doublers and liners, and I clip my covers to the outsides with clothes pins as I rotate through the day). Then I squirt some solution on the wipe when I need it--no more musty wipes. Also, when DS poops, he poops a lot, so I've been using one of the gerber gauze flats (really soft!) to remove the worst of the poop then a wipe or two to clean up after.

For a solution, I've been boiling about 2 cups of water (we have well water, boiling makes it stay fresh longer), then adding about a tablespoon of Cetaphil cleanser and a few drops of TTO (3-5). Sometimes he's a little red in the crevice area after a poop - the wipes seem to make it better. TTO is supposed to have healing properties.

And yes, I wash the wipes with my dipes.

Last edited by halyled; 08-28-2006 at 07:41 PM.
halyled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:36 PM   #6
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i have some travel sized from cathia's place and from missmindi (since you mostly deal w/peepee you may consider having mostly this size to save $$$). and then in regular size (8x8) i have all missmindi (fl/fl) and bluemoon (fl/sh and a few fl/vl).
i keep in a regular wipes container w/dixiedrops, i can only fit enough in there for about a day to a day and half so i haven't had any funky smell problems.
as far as the rash goes you can use burts bees and you can get that at a cvs or wholefoods. beyond that we love dixie babies bum butter and fiona's bottom balm.
the tto in some wipes solutions helps with rash too...also if you add a little vinegar that'll help too.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 07:42 PM   #7
amanda w.
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I buy wipes from bluemoon a wahm on here,they are flannel/sherpa and flannel/velour and I have a few that are flannel/crushed pane.I use a old wipe container and just fill it up with wipes and dixie drops solution over them about 2.5 cups worth.
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...ad.php?t=14252
Amanda

Last edited by amanda w.; 08-28-2006 at 07:56 PM.
amanda w. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:01 PM   #8
ophelia2002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am CHEAP!

I bought a bunch of fleece and cut it up into squares which I use as liners and wipes. After a few washes they pill up nicely to help clean up poo messes.

As far as solution, I have a squirt bottle on the changing table- I put in one baby bit and fill with water- voila! I squirt the wipe and then clean the bum! Easy peasey, lemon squeezy!
Old 08-28-2006, 09:28 PM   #9
HappyCDMamainWI
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use disney baby wash cloths from the $ store.
I keep them in an empty wipe container.
I'm currently using water with TTO and Lavendar oils.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:52 PM   #10
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a basket on the backofmy toilet and the girls toilet and keep them in there dry,and wet as needed...