Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2006, 10:58 PM   #11
ZooCrew10
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is your wipe set-up?

As my DH likes to call me, I am a cheap Jew, lol. I cut up t-shirts of anyone in our family that is too ragged to pass down to the next person, too stained, etc and cut them up into wipes. I use an old wipe box with a flip up top to hold them if I'm feeling organized, otherwise they just go in a pile in her changing table/dresser. wipe solution is water with a squeeze of baby shampoo in a spray bottle.

Advertisement

ZooCrew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:44 PM   #12
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took some old receiving blankets, cut them up and sew the edges. I got a little pray bottle from walmart and put water, tiny bit of baby soap, and sometimes calendula oil! I spray directly on her butt then wipe! I rinse it out every other day.
ashleynjacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:17 AM   #13
ecoria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ive got 8x4 f/v and v/s wipes from cathiasplace (perfect for the travel pack of wipes) and 8x8 f/f from mismindi (love them both and ya cant beat the prices!), i've also got a few flip flap wipes (3 sided wipes) i got used, which are awesome for poops! ( www.redearthoriginals.com)

i'd say you need one wipe per diaper to get you through as long as you need until wash day, and then add 6 to that total to cover poopy dipes and a few extras just in case.

i use a wipes warmer, put about a day or day and a half worth of wipes (usually close to full depending on the wipes) and wet them with my solution. ds started LOVING dipe change time once we started using the warmer!

my solution, a squirt of baby wash, larger squirt of lotion, few drops of TTO and GSE and either lavendar or sweet orange oil for scent, fill the bottle with hot water and shake well. i use an old squirt top dish soap bottle cleaned out realllllly well to hold the left over solution.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:35 AM   #14
orteggleston
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have a wipe warmer in the family room (easy to grab while chasing a toddler) and one in our room by the changing table.

We have a bunch of wipes made by "Tangy"...LOVE THEM!! Need to track her down to get some more!

We use Northern Essence wipes solution. She has a tee tree oil/lavendar oil free solution that is great for sensitive skin. We also use her diaper rash creams (Better Butter Cream) which work great and are safe to use on cd's.

We "make" wipes about every 2 days when they come out of the wash. I just wash the wipes with everything else

ISO: Luxe Baby Wool
orteggleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:29 AM   #15
pregodego2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i had a friend make me some..and i bought some from ehre, just flannel stuff. and some seude/flannel kind. cool prints but really simple.

they sit in a pile on the changing table shelf, in a $ store bottle i whip up water and some baby soap and voila! i spray the wipe and clean him off. then i toss the wipes into the pail with the dipe.

i love the saying so i will steal it..easy peasey lemon squeazy! lol
5x 5k, 3x triathlon, training for first Half Marathon! Blog
pregodego2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:44 PM   #16
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

I have a ton of wipes. Wipes are almost as fun as CD's!

Most I have are fleece with sherpa, velour or cotton combo. I keep a stash in an empty sposie wipes container in the bathroom near the changing table and when I'm ready to change, I just wet however many I need with warm water. I've tried many different wipe solutions and all of them left a rash on my baby's bum, no matteer how many times I rinsed with a clean wet wipe afterwards. Plain water works just great for us

Some DS mama's that I have wipes from are
mommy2zander (Jennifer)
SAHMto2 (Alyssa)

Both make great wipes and are super sweet to deal with
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:59 PM   #17
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What do you use? I've made all kinds--flannel/velour, flannel/baby terry, flannel/flannel...I like flannel/baby terry for sensitive bums the best. I just ordered some velour/sherpa from cathiasplace, though--hers come in GREAT colors and are incredibly cheap. I don't think I could make my own for much less...
WHo makes them? see above.
What do you store them in? (I have a warmer still in box, would love to use) I use a wipes warmer. Here's my process:
-boil water
-pour into Rubbermaid drink container w/ pour top. Add 1/8C Burt's Bees Apricot Oil, 3 squirts baby wash (I use Mustela), a few drops TTO and a little bit more lavender oil.
-shake it all up and pour onto wipes (about 1/2 of the container), which are spread out in a rubbermaid food storage container (big, rectangular one)
-I squeeze the wipes out one at a time, pouring the extra onto the drier wipes below, and fold them in half in a pile.
-1/4 of them go into my travel wipes bag (for the diaper bag), 1/4 into a travel sposie wipe container (for middle of the night changes on our bed) and the rest go into our wipes warmer. I soak the moist pad (at the bottom of the wipes warmer) in some of the leftover solution, but squeeze it out quite a bit before putting into the warmer. If it's too moist, your wipes end up soaked and have to be squeezed out w/ ea. use.
What solution/liquid is on them? The one I mentioned above, or Dixie Drops in boiled water when I'm feeling lazy or am travelling/staying at other people's homes. Much more portable than glass bottles.

You can wash with your dipes, the same way, right? Definitely
How many should I get? I had about 50 between a wipe swap on here, freebies I've gotten and ones I made for myself, but several have disappeared and I actually run out before laundry day. I'm looking forward to the ones from cathiasplace and to receiving the variegated thread i'm waiting on so I can make my own.

I know I can't use dipe cream(store bought) so any suggestion on that too: I use Burt's Bees and LOVE the way it smells--DD always smells yummy that way. THAT'S store bought (though only at our whole foods store.) I'm waiting on some of Dixie Babies' Bum Butter, tho. for those days DH forgets to put cream on DD and she gets a nasty-looking rash.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:03 PM   #18
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

and one more thing...don't buy high poly count velour like I did when I was just starting out--you end up w/ wipes that don't hold any solution and are useless. Just got rid of all of mine.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:31 PM   #19
sunshinemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What do you use?flannel/sherpa, flannel/bkt (poopies), sherpa/sherpa
WHo makes them? me
What do you store them in? basket
What solution/liquid is on them? water or washy wafer solution

I just toss them in the diaper pail. Currently have about 4 dozen, qty is a personal obsession (umm I mean preference I had upwards of 80is at one point ) 2-3 dozen should get you through a couple of days. I use grinning all over balm for diaper rashes, it's cloth diaper safe.
sunshinemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:25 PM   #20
ILuvLucia&Mia
Registered Users
seller

What do you use? Homemade flannel wipes or I just bought some off eBay that are flannel/velour....love those!
WHo makes them? see above
What do you store them in? (I have a warmer still in box, would love to use) I use a warmer
What solution/liquid is on them? Depends...some days I use just warm water, some days I use TTO & water and others if I'm real bored I'll use water, TTO, Lavender oil, and a little baby wash.

I just keep the warmer filled with a little of my water/solution mix and the wipes right next to it. When I need a wipe, I just dip it in the solution and use. It's really simple!