Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #1
luvr4ula
Registered Users

My Mood:
Just need to ask a few odd q's....

So I just started cd'ing this past week and it's a little bit of a pain because of where my stuff is...we spend all day downstairs in the living room. It has most of his toys so we don't hang out upstairs. Our bathroom is upstairs tho and when he poops, its a lil difficult cuz I have to carry the dipe upstairs and throw the poop in and i can't rinse it bcuz the bag I throw the dipes in it hanging in the door to go downstiars where our WASHER is...ughhh! We haven't bought a pail yet or I could always put it upstairs...maybe I'm just being difficult and not too smart...lol.

Another question is that I was planning on using cloth wipes and I do....when it's NOT poopy! When I use it when it's poopy, it feels pointless bcuz I'm wiping poop from him onto something ELSE that's going in the wash!! It feels kidna disgusting doing this....I'm confused what the point is. Or does everyone rinse out wipes or what??

Advertisement

*Wife to Leonel- since 12.23.05*
luvr4ula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
jadekat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just need to ask a few odd q's....

Have you tried changing him upstairs? That way you don't have to go up and down so much.
As far as the wipes, I wipe as much of the poo off with the diaper. Then I spray his bottom with the wipes solution and wipe off.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
carbandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sometimes I wipe with some tp if it is really yucky. It it is just a little I don't mind much
Old 03-07-2008, 04:10 PM   #4
luvr4ula
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just seems pointless to have cloth wipes if you're not really gonna use em, ya know? Instead Ill have to run upstairs for some tp?? ugh.

He just pooped yet again and when it's all mashed in the diaper, I feel so queasy trying to get it off. My stomach always feels all sick afterwards, ughhhh.

*Wife to Leonel- since 12.23.05*
luvr4ula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:24 PM   #5
kais_momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have 2 pails. A regular one (13 gallon trash can) and a smaller one (an office sized trash can). If it needs to be rinsed it goes in the smaller pail until after bedtime when I have time to rinse with the diaper sprayer DH made me . If a wipe is really poopy it gets sprayed then too. My little pail goes to the laundry room is and gets dumped in to the big pail and then back to its spot in the livingroom or bathroom (depending on my mood that day). The little pail is handy cause its small enough to carry around. I can fit a days worth of diapers in it if need be and since I empty it every night there isn't a smell problem.
kais_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:26 PM   #6
carbandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I keep some tp by the table and it is something I already have kwim? And then I just flush it with the poop. I find cloth wipes so much easier than picking the sposie wipe out of the diaper..I have washed way too many!
Old 03-07-2008, 04:27 PM   #7
SubliminalDarkness
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a changing area set up upstairs in our bedroom next to the bathroom. We go up for every diaper change.
And when there's a big poop and a lot is stuck to him, I wipe him with a little toilet paper that I keep at the changing area, so I can just flush all of that.
Yes, I rinse our wipes out when I rinse the diaper out.
SubliminalDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #8
mommy2alisa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think you need some sort of hanging wetbag in your bathroom so you can rinse the dipe and store them until it's washday. You could just double those plastic grocery stopre bags and use them.
As for cloth wipes I use them exclusively. I hate buying/using disposable wipes. Maybe use the edge of the dirty diaper to wipe his bum them use the cloth wipes? Hope it gets easier for you .
mommy2alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:40 PM   #9
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Id suggest having a few receptacles for your dipes. We are lucky as we live in one story home so we dont have that issue. Id get a med hanging wetbag and leave it in the bathroom for when u have to rinse poop dipes. FWIW I dont rinse poopie wipes. I just toss em in the washer with the rest of my stuff and it comes out clean.

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #10
aggfan
Registered Users
seller

Yes, you need a bag or can in the bathroom to leave the dirty diapers rather than carry them around. For my bathroom, I got a metal trash can with lid and step button at Target for about $12? I thought it was overpriced, but it was the color I wanted (aqua). Then by the changing station in DD's room, I had my regular diaper pail. When it was time to wash, I dumped the little pail into the big one and carried it to the laundry room.

I was a late convert to cloth wipes, but really liked them once I realized how easy the washing was. Wipes for a wet bum just go straight in the pail. Wipes for a dirty bum get sprayed in the toilet along with the diaper, which isn't more than 30 second or a minute of extra work since I already ahve to deal with the diaper. Then they all get washed together and I never have to spend money on wipes.

I have never saved dirty diapers until the end of the day to rinse, but as one person suggested, that might work for you. Then you could have a small changing station downstairs and your regular one upstairs, and just deal with one trip at the end of the day to the bathroom to rinse/shake out the diapers.