Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2006, 11:55 PM   #1
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy tell me not too

so these past couple nights and today i've been so tempted to put a bottle in brighton's mouth. i want to make it to a year this time, so for me to want to give him a bottle at 3 weeks is insane. i feel like he's constantly attatched to my boob though. almost like maybe he's not getting enough...okay so yesterday he may not have been ( i got dehydrated and nearly completely lost my supply....do you think maybe it's still coming back full force..i felt like it alreayd had though?). please talk me down from wanting to do this...b/c even though i've had the urge to several times, i know i don't REALLY want to. i just feel guilty for even thinking it though.

Advertisement

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:07 AM   #2
winodini
Registered Users

Re: tell me not too

#1 - never fell guilty for doing what you thing needs to be done.

#2- Oh momma *hugs* the first few weeks are the worst! I promise if you can stick with it 6 weeks the outcome will be incrediable and heartwarming

it sounds like your having a tough week, I promise it will pass even though you feel like your at your wits wend
Old 08-29-2006, 12:11 AM   #3
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks so much!!! i breastfed my first two (ds1 until 5 or 6 months, ds2 until 6 or 7 months), but i didn't consider that it could be more wearing on you when you're taking care of two toddlers also. only 3 more weeks to get to that 6 week mark. i'm so glad i have tons of support here on this board. i just don't remember it being so tireing the other two times.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:52 AM   #4
winodini
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myajdw
. i'm so glad i have tons of support here on this board. i just don't remember it being so tireing the other two times.
I understand! with my 5 month old its been much more trying than with the first! I just keep reminding myself of the benifits (though I admit its still very hard) Just keep the faith that it does get easier
Old 08-29-2006, 02:14 AM   #5
movaly1
Registered Users
seller

You can do it!!!
movaly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:53 AM   #6
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

I honestly don't understand how the bottle could be tempting you. Maybe because you've done it twice before it's easier for you, but bottle feeding is such a huge pain for me! I have to pump the milk, and get up and get the bottle, and worm it up (i still haven't attempted this but it sounds like a pain) and then try to get her to take it. Even when my nipples are sore I'd still rather give her the boob than the bottle. Too bad I have to go to school or we wouldn't even be trying the bottle thing
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:46 AM   #7
SewWhatMama
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Hang in there Mama it will get easier. If you are aiming for a year...hold off on the bottle if you can. Especially in the first few weeks, if they get used to the bottle then it is harder to keep them EBF. I remember that feeling of constantly have a baby attached on my boob.
SewWhatMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:30 AM   #8
halyled
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by myajdw
thanks so much!!! i breastfed my first two (ds1 until 5 or 6 months, ds2 until 6 or 7 months), but i didn't consider that it could be more wearing on you when you're taking care of two toddlers also. only 3 more weeks to get to that 6 week mark. i'm so glad i have tons of support here on this board. i just don't remember it being so tireing the other two times.
You can do it! And previous poster was right...it does seem to get so much easier around the 6 to 8 week mark, and just keeps getting easier after that. Baby gets much more efficient at nursing so you don't feel like he's attached to the boob all the time. I remember there were nights I went to bed exhausted and in tears b/c DS was waking up every 2 hours and nursing for at least half an hour at a time. to you...you're doing great!

halyled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:51 AM   #9
KKDJLJA
Banned
seller

My Mood:

The really do so much growing those first few weeks so that is really all they do is nurse nurse nurse. I know what you are saying about it being hard with two toddlers also because I have 5 kids ages 10, 8, 4, 2 and now 6 months. It really does get easier just after 6 weeks.
KKDJLJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:09 AM   #10
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:

good job mama, keep it up...it's only 3 more short weeks! best of luck!