Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2006, 10:06 AM   #1
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

nipple of pain??!!??

What the heck is wrong with my nipple? Last night I was nursing her and it started to hurt, I felt a kind of sharp burning pain. I thought maybe she was biting (guming) me because she is teeting but this morning it hurts so bad I couldn't nurse her on that side. Could it be a yeast infection? What else could it be? It's so so sore around the lower half of my areola and nipple. Should I try pumping? Please help mamas!

Advertisement

#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:25 AM   #2
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:
Re: nipple of pain??!!??

Her latch is still good? Not sucking in her bottom lip? Sometimes that will burn. Anything else symptom-wise other than sore?
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:09 AM   #3
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

not really any other symptoms. I pumped because I was getting engorged, and that didn't hurt as bad. But now my whole breast is so sore I can't even hold her against me
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Old 08-29-2006, 11:14 AM   #4
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

any redness or heat coming off your breast?

That is how my bout of mastitis started, keep a close eye on it, if it starts to get red, develops any red streaks or has a fever (your breast, not you) call a dr immediatly as those are signs of an infection and left unattended to, it can get really nasty and painful.

Hopefully if is just a yeast infection or clogged duct. If it is a yeast infection a little genovian violet should clear it up, you may also want to put some on your LOs mouth in case they have it there too to stop from passing it back & forth. You can get it at whole foods and probably other natural health food stores as well. HTH good luck mama, nursing really bites when pain gets started.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:14 AM   #5
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Tried a different position? Maybe she did bite pretty good and one place is worse than another? I guess just keep pumping & it will improve. I hope so!!! Sorry, nak.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:54 AM   #6
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

I've had clogged ducts before and it didn't feel like this. Both times I got a really bad fever and felt awful, but I feel fine now. I went and gave Whilder to my MIL (she lives nextdoor) because she kept headbutting and kicking my sore boob and I just couldn't take it. The whole boob is throbing now, I guess I'll try pumping some more
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:15 PM   #7
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

if it's mastitis heating pads will help the infection come out....get an extension cord so that you can walk through the house with a heat pad on your boob. that way you get rid of the infection FAST. good luck!!!

brave girl living next to MIL....tried it, couldn't do it!!!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:42 PM   #8
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Disregard what i said before, it is a clogged duct I've been feeling awful all day and I just got in an argument with dh, that really put the icing on the cake. MIL had the baby all day, and she even got her to take a bottle for the first time. I slept right through my class today, although I don't know If I felt up to going anyway, but it's the second week of school and I'm already missing classes!! It doesn't help that I'm having my first pp period either, and my body and boob are so sore I can barley hold the baby (who is having a fussy day btw). My MIL is great but I wish she would back off some, like stay out of our house unless we invite her in. She's always coming into our kitchen and cleaning it, which I mean is a really nice thing to do, but it makes me feel bad that I never even clean my own kitchen, hell I never even have a chance too. It's so nice to have her around especially on days like this when I feel sick, but I wish I could at least talk to her, she doesn't speak any english. DH made me dinner before he went to work, and I was laying on the couch when Whilder started having a fit (gas maybe from the bottle feeding?) Dh reluctanly took her so that I could eat my dinner, and was holding her on his lap naked. I told him twice to put a diaper on her, but he didn't and she started to pee on him. I laughed, it was really funny, but he didn't find it funny and he got really angry. I got up to take the baby but he yelled at me to just sit down and finish my dinner. Then he put her down and she started screaming and screaming while he changed her diaper and put her clothes on. It was awful, I never let her scream like that. then he just rolled her on her tummy, like he expected that to make it all better, and walked away. He said he was going to go get MIL to take care of her since I am sick, but I picked her up, calmed her down and said no, I will take care of her. Then he stormed off to work and slammed the door really loud, and now MIL is in my kitchen doing the dishes and i just wish she would go. Anyway wow that was a big ol' rant, nobody's probably reading this but it feels good to get it all out!
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Old 08-29-2006, 10:06 PM   #9
Julesmom23girls
Banned

My Mood:

I am reading it and want to give you a big

Sounds like Everybody loves Raymond at your house. Too much of a good thing w/ MIL around. If you can get DC to settle down and go to sleep w/ o you get in the shower and let the hot water hit your sore boob. Sounds like you might need something for the infection, if it is progressing this quickly. Take some tylenol/ibuprofen at least to help ease the pain esp about 20 min before BF so it can be in your system and help while she nurses. My LC even told me that if I need to drink half a glass of wine to help me relax enough to nurse w/ sore breast it was ok, occasionally, now I don't think you should do that w/ every nursing session but to unwind a little.

Sorry you and DH had a bad night and weren't able to resolve it before he left, hopefully when he returns he will see that you were having a bad day and didn't mean to laugh at him when the baby peed. I have to say I would have too. Good luck mamma, and feel better soon.
Julesmom23girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:23 PM   #10
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i would've laughed at him too, esp since you told him to put a diaper on her (it's not like you don't have any around lol). and yes, mil does need to back off a little and realize that you can take care of your dh, that she no longer needs to do it (it sounds like that's what that's most likely all about). some mama's just can't let go of their boys and don't believe that anyone else can do it right lol. and that really makes matters worse when you literally can't even talk to her!!! i'd go nuts if i was left alone in a house w/someone that i literally could not even talk too...that must be so uncomfortable, esp when you're already phsically and emotionally uncomfortable..to add that too wow.
hugs to you! and i hope your night goes better!!!!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote