Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-15-2008, 12:07 AM   #71
slingmama4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nanny cam saves baby

I just want to hold that baby and love him. It make sme so sick to think it needed a caring , loving touch and all it got was ugliness. I hope she gets life in prison and I'm so thankful that the baby is doing fine now. If I was that mama I'd never be able to leave my dc again.

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2008, 12:12 AM   #72
elinchloesmom
Registered Users

That video totally brought me to tears! Poor darling
elinchloesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:21 AM   #73
blizzanj
Registered Users

My Mood:

This is why I am staying home with my baby because I just don't trust anyone. I this broke my heart!!! I clicked on the video and I couldn't watch the whole thing... my God!
Old 03-16-2008, 11:53 AM   #74
pigletmsu
Registered Users

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...ef=videosearch

On Nancy Grace show. I'm guessing they got the full video now since there are things in here not on the original clip. I really think this lady is going to roast.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:49 PM   #75
hullabal98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went to the link you provided and read the article. Then I tried to watch the video and I couldn't even get halfway through it. Makes me want to cry. Honestly as a mom, I have felt very frustrated too - but I make myself walk away for a minute or two. Even when my son was hysterical (which thankfully wasn't often) - sometimes I just needed a minute to breathe. I never would have considered shaking or slapping or spanking like that. What I am getting at is no matter how irritated or frustrated you are (as a parent or caregiver) - it is NEVER OKAY to behave that way. Step onto the porch, splash water on your face, call your partner or a friend - whatever mini-break you need.... but never hurt a child because of YOUR ISSUES.

That poor mom and dad - I can't imagine the guilt they feel. I hope this woman is prosecuted fully.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:14 PM   #76
zionnecherub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is just so shocking. I couldnt watch it all. What a piece of sh!t.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:20 PM   #77
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is horrifying! I want to wake my baby up and hug her! Sooo glad that the baby is physically okay, that is a miracle itself.

I'm in Ontario, Canada and the maternity leave here is a YEAR now. The employment insurance you get while on maternity leave isn't great compared to full salary, but a very large percentage of moms now take the full year off (it used to be 6 months previously).

Can I make a suggestion for all you moms in the US? Yell, scream, call, write your politicians and try to get them to give longer maternity leaves. The fact that the 5 1/2 month old has been with a nanny for 2 1/2 months (since 3 months old) in and of itself just about makes me feel sick (no an attack against the parents, just the system). Having a longer maternity leave won't fix the problem of horrible child care providers, but the older a child is the more likely you are to know if something is going on. How do you know if your 4 month old doesn't like the nanny?

I seriously read all the threads on here and it makes me feel ill that you ladies int he US have such a ridiculously short maternity leave....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthya83 View Post
That brought some tears on. Wow...just wow. I'm so glad me and mu hubby take shifts. I make my own schedule, so I'm able to schedule work for when he's home to watch the kids. They're always with one of us.
We basically do the shift thing too. Our one year old started doing two mornings a week at a daycare and that is about as much as I can handle! And it is a daycare centre and we really like the people in her room... but it is hard....
Old 03-16-2008, 08:09 PM   #78
kiwi87
Registered Users

That woman is a piece of sh!t. I am disgusted after watching part of that video... I couldn't even watch the whole thing. Just hearing that baby cry for help almost brought me to tears. I just want to go wake up my bubba and give her lots of love and cuddles.

My heart goes out to their entire family. Poor baby, and those parents must be hurting so bad right now.
kiwi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:06 PM   #79
chicagirlie
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm so grateful that I stay at home with my girls. I can't imagine anything like that happening to them.
chicagirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #80
Twinvillageiowa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My fiancees ex-girlfriend has a sister who has a baby that was shaken by the nanny. The baby was in a coma for over a month and they are still doing testing to find out what might be wrong. I am terrified of leaving my girls with a nanny but I have to while I go to school. We finally fired everyone we had working for us and hired someone my mom knows. At least this way, we know her parents, where she lives, and feel somewhat safe about having to be away.