Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

Will this work?

Getting ready to buy my first big order of diapers. After this one I'm sure it will be a while before my husband will let me order more. Can I survive on this with a 7mo for a couple of months:
2 softbums, 9 inserts
1 GroVia and 1 soaker
8 bG 4.0 pockets
6 Fuzzibunz
2 covers (Flip maybe?!)
12 pfs

The softbums and GroVia I already have. The rest are what I *think* I can convince hubby to let me buy. Can I do it with that amount of diapers?

Advertisement

CutiePatootiesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Will this work?

I would get less pockets and more prefolds and covers....just to get the most diapers for your dollar.
How often do you want to wash?
Old 03-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

Yeah I'm really torn about the number of pfs and covers vs pockets. I love love love pockets especially bG. But I used pfs last night and I think I like them ok too. But I'm afraid to commit because I'm afraid of being a bad folder. Hehe. Pfs and covers only work if you fold them correctly, right? I think I did ok yesterday but I'm not sure. Im thrilled with bGs because my dds clothes fit over them. And I don't know if there's a cover that I love. So far I don't love Thirsties but that's the only one in my trial. I don't mind washing everyday or every other day. Laundry is something I do daily anyway.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
garness
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like plenty of diapers to me.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #5
ashlee_shae
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you love the fit of BG 4.0s, you'll love Flips. They are the only covers we own now.
ashlee_shae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #6
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

Awesome! I just wish they had cute prints :-( I am dying to add some prints to our stash!!
Old 03-17-2011, 12:05 PM   #7
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think you could get away with that, but unless you have more softbums covers, I don't think you will be able to get 9 changes out of them. I get three tops out of one shell. Oh and I second flips, they would be good for you if you like BG but want more changes.

Last edited by cjslater1; 03-17-2011 at 12:07 PM.
cjslater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #8
ashlee_shae
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Also, every baby is different, but we love the fit of BG 4.0s & hated Fuzzibunz. I know plenty of people love them, but FB were soooo bulky on my DDs.

If it were me, I'd get 12 BG 4.0s (they are on sale for $15.25 through 03/20), 4 Flips & 18 prefolds. This would get you 30 changes, which is plenty for a 7 month old if you want to wash every 2nd to 3rd day.

We now have only BG 4.0s, BGEs, & Flips. We stuff the BG 4.0s with prefolds & trifold a prefold in our Flips. DH loves this, because they all fasten on the same. He doesn't have to worry about wether he's putting it on correctly.

I also think you're original list is enough diapers to get buy for now. :smile:
Old 03-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #9
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlee_shae View Post
Also, every baby is different, but we love the fit of BG 4.0s & hated Fuzzibunz. I know plenty of people love them, but FB were soooo bulky on my DDs.

If it were me, I'd get 12 BG 4.0s (they are on sale for $15.25 through 03/20), 4 Flips & 18 prefolds. This would get you 30 changes, which is plenty for a 7 month old if you want to wash every 2nd to 3rd day.
Ok you convinced me! I have not been able to try a fuzzibunz because the one in our trial is a perfect size and way too big for DD. I guess it wouldn't be too smart to buy 6 of something I've never used before. I can always add them to my stash later. I just love the bright colors.
I will add some flips but I am so determined to find a cover with a cute print. Has anyone used bestbottoms? Someone who has CD'd 3 children recommended those to me. Maybe they'd be good?
Old 03-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #10
ashlee_shae
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have seen people use a stencil & fabric paint to make their Flips have cute designs. Just a thought.

We tried Bestbottoms & didn't like them. They were a weird fit for us, but again every baby is different. They seemed to have too short of a rise for both girls no matter what setting they were on. Almost like they were wearing hiphuggers, which is weird because younger DD has a super short rise. She is 19 months old & just recently moved up to the medium rise setting on our BG 4.0s & BGEs, so super low waist. I also didn't like that the inside of the BBs were the PUL that's kinda sticky & almost gummy. Hard to describe. I really loved the idea of the Bestbottoms. I bought 4 covers, 12 microfiber inserts, 6 hemp inserts & 2 overnight inserts. I just knew we would love them, but I ended up FSOT them. Hope this helps! Good Luck!